shape
carat
color
clarity

is 62.7 too deep for round brilliant diamond? (image attached)

hb0715

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I am looking for a diamond for my replacement ring.
I found one stone I like within my budget, but it has 62.7 diamond depth which is too deep from what I know.
The proportions of the diamond are

Table width: 56
Table depth: 62.7
Crown angle: 35.5
Pavilion angle: 40.6
Lower half: 80

It is a triple excellent diamond, e color, VVS2 and no fluorescence.
I don't know what the HCA score is.
Can anyone please give me any advice on this diamond by looking at the pictures and the proportions?
Thank you in advance!

1830070331 (1).jpg still.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Score is 1.4 on the HCA, just FYI.
The depth isn't great, but it's not horrible either. I think E and VVS is overkill for both color and clarity, and you would be able to get a larger stone if you dropped one or both. What is your budget?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The depth is high partially because of 56 table and 35.5 CA. This means that the stone has more weight on the crown, rather than hidden in the pavilion. I like it based these photos.

I do not normally comment on color and clarity.

hb0715

Rough_Rock
Score is 1.4 on the HCA, just FYI.
The depth isn't great, but it's not horrible either. I think E and VVS is overkill for both color and clarity, and you would be able to get a larger stone if you dropped one or both. What is your budget?

Thanks for replying! My budget is $14000 including the setting. I don't know if I can get a bigger stone since it is a replacement ring, my agent told me that I have to get the similar stone that I used to have (e color, vvs2, 1.24 ct).

thebrady28

Rough_Rock
What was the approx cost of the setting?

thebrady28

Rough_Rock
My original setting was $1000.
Just to confirm you're looking at potential $12,500 loose?

Would confirm if needed to be similar specs or if it's amount.

hb0715

Rough_Rock
Just to confirm you're looking at potential $12,500 loose?

Would confirm if needed to be similar specs or if it's amount.

My budget is $13000 for a loose diamond. My agent told me the replacement ring could be slightly bigger than my original ring, but it shouldn't be 1.4 carat or larger.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My budget is $13000 for a loose diamond. My agent told me the replacement ring could be slightly bigger than my original ring, but it shouldn't be 1.4 carat or larger.
Is your total budget 13K, or based on size? From my understanding, it's based on cost rather than diamond size.

hb0715

Rough_Rock
Is your total budget 13K, or based on size? From my understanding, it's based on cost rather than diamond size.

The insured cost is $12000, and I am willing to pay up to $2000 out of my pocket for a better diamond.

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock

headlight

Ideal_Rock
This is a fabulous diamond. Personally I think you should get the finest diamond you can and I don’t see how you could do better.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks for replying! My budget is $14000 including the setting. I don't know if I can get a bigger stone since it is a replacement ring, my agent told me that I have to get the similar stone that I used to have (e color, vvs2, 1.24 ct).

I used to do a lot of insurance replacement work. Whenever I had a client who wanted something more than what the original loss was, I was always able to replace the original loss with whatever the client wanted and the client paid anything over the allowable replacement cost with the insurance company.

I think your agent may be misinformed if he is trying to tell you that you cannot buy a larger or a more expensive diamond and setting. He is correct that only some of that will be paid by your insurance.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results