Is 2 Diamond rings too much ?

shicara

Rough_Rock
Hello all !
I’m
Reaching
Out to you all
For thoughts.

I am currently choosing a setting for a loose stone I have. The setting I’m going for is a round diamond in square halo look on a split band. Very engagementy looking. Although this is not my engagement ring. I will wear this as my right hand ring in addition to wearing my engagement ring.

I need to ask... because I don’t really see it.
But is it silly
To wear two rings ?
Am I wasting $$$ for a ring I won’t wear ?
Are there many here that wear two rings that look like engagement rings ?
Or am I thinking about it all too much ?

Thanking you all in advance ☺️

Reactions: AV_

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
My preference for diamond rh ring - is for non-engagement looking. However, they are your diamonds and your hands - wear what you want!!!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a .8ct bezel solitaire on my right hand middle finger and I love it. I moved it to my middle finger because, for me, that seemed to make it less like an engagement ring. It's all a matter of personal taste.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I've known several people who wear e rings on both hands. Some wear family jewelry left to them.

I would wear them on all the fingers. I am not fashionable, but I might be twinkly.

shicara

Rough_Rock
My preference for diamond rh ring - is for non-engagement looking. However, they are your diamonds and your hands - wear what you want!!!

Yes - I tend to agree that RHR is best non engagementy looking. I’ve always loved this setting and I’m not sure how else to make
A RHR out of a 1.2 carat round. Oh, and I really love this setting. I’m just worried it’s too much.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I think a halo setting with either a diamond or a colored stone center can be worn on either hand. I also don’t follow ridiculous “rules” with my jewelry. Wear what you like and what makes you happy.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wear whatever you like and whatever makes you happy :)

I sometimes wear a 1.5ct oec in a rose gold halo on the left hand and a little yellow cushion cut diamond in a halo on my right. Sometimes I wear neither, sometimes I wear both. Sometimes I pair one of these with a stack instead. Neither are my engagement ring.

Sometimes all I wear are bands in a stack! Most often I wear none at all...

I enjoy being twinkly though!

shicara

Rough_Rock
Personally I think a halo setting with either a diamond or a colored stone center can be worn on either hand. I also don’t follow ridiculous “rules” with my jewelry. Wear what you like and what makes you happy.

It would make me happy to wear them both. I’m just wondering if people will think ‘why’ ... or how odd ? I guess you don’t see it very much hence why I’m wondering

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It would make me happy to wear them both. I’m just wondering if people will think ‘why’ ... or how odd ? I guess you don’t see it very much hence why I’m wondering
hell no girl
id be too busy admiring the sparkles to think about why
they are your rings to enjoy when ever you want to

im not even engaged and i wear grandma's and my great Aunty's ERs
and i stupidly had them sized for my ring finger so i wear them on both ring fingers at the same time
plus a diamond cocktail ring on my index finger and a more modest diamond ring i use to secure my Great grandma's wedding ring on my pinky
plus a little rose gold diamond promise ring for the other pinky
i like taking the family out to lunch

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello all !
I’m
Reaching
Out to you all
For thoughts.

I am currently choosing a setting for a loose stone I have. The setting I’m going for is a round diamond in square halo look on a split band. Very engagementy looking. Although this is not my engagement ring. I will wear this as my right hand ring in addition to wearing my engagement ring.

But is it silly
To wear two rings ?

Thanking you all in advance ☺

Heck no, not silly at all. Whatever floats your boat so to speak. Wear what makes you happy. Wear what brings you joy. And IMO there can never be (well rarely) too many diamonds. That's like saying one is too much in love. If wearing 2 diamond rings makes you smile go for it.

lifeisshortweardiamonds.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
In Europe tradition is to wear an Ering on the right ring finger. So go right ahead!!! You need two! So basically I switch around pretty much all my rings depending on my mood, which ones I want to wear and whether I am swollen:))) I have favorite looks and favorite fingers for a couple of my favorite rings but if I think beyond that it will just become sheer madness.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In Europe tradition is to wear an Ering on the right ring finger. So go right ahead!!! You need two! So basically I switch around pretty much all my rings depending on my mood, which ones I want to wear and whether I am swollen:))) I have favorite looks and favorite fingers for a couple of my favorite rings but if I think beyond that it will just become sheer madness.

Completely agree with you (as usual). I draw the line (for me and no judgments about anyone else) at this many rings however. Just a tad too much. 8)

ringsgalore.jpg

Makes washing hands in public restrooms very challenging...:razz:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Wear them and enjoy ‘em!

We are a biased group!!! We love bling and would encourage you to wear it.

When you do it: It will feel strange and odd the first few times; but after a while, you will feel naked without them on.

The hardest part of that is accepting that you are wearing the rings for yourself. Not anyone else- yup- and only your opinion counts on how it feels for you.

if you are not quite ready to take the plunge and you want to test it out- buy something cheap from eBay/ amazon/ Polly pocket... wherever.... see how it feels.

Of course, When you decide that it is for you: we would be more than happy to guide you when you are thinking about that bling!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
And, once you go down this rabbit Warren/ hole, there may be no stopping you!!!

Be careful for what you wish for!!! Lolll.

I fell in that rabbit hole and loving it like a pig in s@/&!!

shicara

Rough_Rock
Ha ha I love all these responses. You are all right down my alley.
I LOVE diamonds - and agree I must just get over wondering ‘ what is she thinking’! My friends tend to just have their ring finger diamonds but I have FOMO. Well my other ring finger does and besides I’ve never had a round diamond in a square setting before so I have to right ?

Greg Chang I think you’re right - once I get used to it I won’t want to do without.

Missy - I agree. Hand washing, hard. Blinging beauty ? High !!!!

Daisies and Diamonds, you lucky lucky lady !!

You lot are all wonderful - thank you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I would not wear a diamond solitaire on my right hand, I think a split shank halo setting can be a right hand ring. I think another really good choice is to make a three stone ring by adding two small side diamonds or sapphires. Whether you will wear it much kind of depends on whether you normally wear a ring on your right hand. I rarely do, so my right hand rings are not worn much.

CBPearllover

Shiny_Rock
I always wear a right-hand college ring, and in the next few years I'm going to upgrade it to either a split-shank halo or split shank 4-prong in a different metal color (rose or yellow gold). I think RHR are perfect for 'upgrades", kind of like an engagement ring version 2.0! Like the engagement ring you would have bought originally, if you had the $$$

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But is it silly
To wear two rings ?

You're kidding, right? I mean - you know where you are, yes? You haven't wandered in here by accident?

@shicara . Dear girl. If it looks good on your left hand, it will also look good on your right. The ONLY difference is convention. And unless YOU made up the convention, I don't see why you should give a tinker's cuss about it.

They're your rings. They're your fingers. Enjoy!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I often wear two solitaires, one on each ring finger of each hand. To me it is clean, simple and elegant. Agree that it is an unusual look as most people mix it up rather than have two similar pieces.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eat the cake.
Buy the shoes.
Wear all the diamonds you’d like. :lol-2:

I reset my mom’s diamond into a three stone RHR with blue sapphire sides and bezeled them for extra protection.
Live your best life. :D

shicara

Rough_Rock
Thank you to all for sharing your opinions. I 100% am going ahead with this project.
Next question is, if my engagement ring set is platinum, should I go ahead and make this style
In yellow gold ? Or would it make the centre stone pop out less ? Has anyone got it in yellow gold already ? I would love to see some hand shots.
Or is this a new thread I should start ?

Attachments

• 3DEAE019-EDE0-4963-823D-F3EF8CB50721.png
    3DEAE019-EDE0-4963-823D-F3EF8CB50721.png
    596.2 KB · Views: 46

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thank you to all for sharing your opinions. I 100% am going ahead with this project.
Next question is, if my engagement ring set is platinum, should I go ahead and make this style
In yellow gold ? Or would it make the centre stone pop out less ? Has anyone got it in yellow gold already ? I would love to see some hand shots.
Or is this a new thread I should start ?

Start a new thread.... have fun with it. What colour is the stone again?
I think there might be something in the SMTB -show me the bling section.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
There are no hard and fast rules with metals...
I guess it is what you are comfortable with?

I have a gold set and a white gold set.
I rotate the rings. Some rings have diamonds, others have gems.

One week I have my gold set (one ring one each hand) and another week I have my white gold set.

Um- yes, I have a few rings lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results