shape
carat
color
clarity

Is $100 Reasonable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I was curious as to the cost for professional make-up on my wedding day. I weat bare mierlas make-up and will wear nothing but hat on my wedding day. Wel, the bare essentauls folks do not do it in their boutiques, but there are some girls who freelance. THe one girl I spoke to will do a run through with colrs, etc at hte shop. I just have to make sure I have the colors she palns to use on the big day. for the wedding, she will drive out to my loation and do my make-up for $100 and any one else for $50.

I thought it was reasonable b/c some of the other places I''ve called were almiost double that! I told my mom about the $100 and she thought I was mad for wanitng to pay someonw $100 to d my make-up!

Is $100 reasonable? Should I seee is sephora or ulta has someone who des bare essentuals, or should I stick w/ someone who works for the company>

Thanks.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I think that sounds reasonable. Around here, a bride is 250-350 and others are 75-100. So, that sounds good to me! :)

cara

Ideal_Rock
Yes, its reasonable. Assuming your wedding is at some normal wedding time of the week, the only way to go cheaper (at least with some decent in my neck of the woods) would be to take yourself to a salon. If you want this person to come to you, you are taking them out of commission for other weddings at that time, and thus they will need to be compensated for that missed opportunity.

ETA: Oops, misread.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was under the impression that mineral makeup contained metal oxides that give off the white cast under flash photography?

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
Just another FYI ~ I''ve been researching what kind of makeup to wear at my wedding and have also read / heard from many sources that mineral makeup does not photograph well. I ended up with smashbox, which was created to be photographed.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
wow! good points, I had not thought about that.

SarFarSuperstar

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to chime in about bare minerals and photography- I did my own make up for my wedding and used bare minerals. The photographs turned out wonderful (I had a phenomenal photographer) and one close up shot ended up in a bridal mag (it was New Hampshire bride, so not too exciting, but still!). I am wicked pale to begin with but I just looked really polished with my bare minerals. I made sure to do heavy mascara and an eye liner, which helped define my eyes in the photos. If you''re having someone who is experienced with mineral make-up do it, I''m sure it will look lovely in the photos.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
that is good to know too b/c i love my bare minerals!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results