shape
carat
color
clarity

irritating wedding guest

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
my wedding is in 2 weeks and we just got a call from one of our guests saying he's not coming.

We invited our mutual friend lets call her Samantha, from our University days to come to our wedding. We're quite fond of her parents so we invited them as well even though we see them very rarely. So Sam asked that her brother be invited too so he was not the odd one out and we did even though our wedding is $250 per head. now 2 weeks before the wedding he calls to say he has to work that day and won't be coming (hes a pharmacy intern).

I'm pissed that after all that he can't ask for a day off or call in sick, or given us more notice. apparantly he mentioned something to his sister Sam a few weeks ago about not coming. I didn't talk to him tonight, my partner did but I wish he was aware that we have already paid $250 for him to be there because I'm angry that this money is now wasted. I want to call, send a txt or tell our friend Sam but I feel it would be a bitchy thing to do.

I'm trying to restrain myself and vent on here instead. grrrrr

SC86

Shiny_Rock
That is really annoying, but unfortunately there's not much you can do about it now. Being at your wedding isn't the most important thing to your friend's brother, which is irritating but perhaps he doesn't know you too well and just considering going as a favor to his sister. You can always tell Sam that she's welcome to bring someone else. Maybe be can bring a girlfriend or find a date.
I'd try to let it go though. Although you can't change it with your caterer now, at least he let you know 2 weeks in advance so maybe Sam can now find someone else to bring. Unfortunately a few of your other guests might not show up on your wedding day at all even though they RSVPed that they are coming! That's more annoying but still nothing to be done!

Just forget about it and focus on your big day coming up!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It is unfortunate that an invited guest is unable to forego work to attend your celebration--perhaps thinking that letting you know in advance would allow you a "credit" but that is not how things work in the wedding world. Others may not show up without warning at all!

Enjoy your wonderful day and focus on the people who are able to attend your celebration. That's what really matters.

cheers--Sharon

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks :) I was fuming last night but I've slept on it now. It's frustrating becuase I've spent weeks chasing up rsvp's, email addresses and phone numbers, finding out ppls accom details for our transfer service and then chasing up ppls menu selections so hes had heaps of time to cancel. and we've just finalised our seating plan after many problems with that.

we cooled off and then called up our friend Sam today and had a very friendly chat with her about it. We mentioned the seat was $250 and said she might like to bring a date. tricky because I think she's comfortably single at the moment. We'll call her again closer to the time and tell her to bring a girlfriend if she doesn't have a date. she did say of her brother that she'd 'tear him a new one' today so that cheers me up a bit too :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results