shape
carat
color
clarity

Iron Gym?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Has anybody ordered one of these doohicky''s? It''s basically a fancy chin-up bar with multiple holds that hooks over a doorframe. I''m wondering how sturdy it feels (the only real "doorframe" in my new place doesn''t have much of a lintel), and whether or not people use them regularly, or if the having to get it out each time makes it less appealing. One of the things I''ve always liked about my stationary chin-up bar is that I''d just do a few whenever I went by. I wonder if I''d have the same motivation with this one ....

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I picked one up at Bed, Bath & Beyond for FI who likes to do his chin ups. I thought it would be a better alternative to one that had to be installed into a wooden frame (in an attempt to protect our moldings). Well, Iron Gym works (although not as sturdy) but it ruined our paint anyway. We have since taken it down and will probably get a stationary one that''s less obvious since the Iron Gym isn''t easy to take down/put up - def not as easy as it appears on TV.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, darn - and here I was thinking it looked like the perfect solution! Thanks for the heads up.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 6:17:04 PM
Author: Circe
Oh, darn - and here I was thinking it looked like the perfect solution! Thanks for the heads up.
Just a thought: Do you have large door frames? Our home was built in the 20''s so the moldings/door frames are solid wood and bigger than those you see today in newer homes. The Iron Gym didn''t fit properly (as seen on tv), but we managed to make it fit LOL. That probably had something to do with it.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/9/2009 10:15:11 AM
Author: Bia

Just a thought: Do you have large door frames? Our home was built in the 20''s so the moldings/door frames are solid wood and bigger than those you see today in newer homes. The Iron Gym didn''t fit properly (as seen on tv), but we managed to make it fit LOL. That probably had something to do with it.

Hm, interesting point ... it''s an older building with small-ish doorframes, so no worries there: what gets me is that we don''t really have much of a lintel. Do you need to have a seriously overhanging bit on the doorframe in order for it to work? I''d guess so, but I''m hoping it''s not the case ....

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 5:51:38 PM
Date: 9/9/2009 10:15:11 AM

Author: Bia

Hm, interesting point ... it''s an older building with small-ish doorframes, so no worries there: what gets me is that we don''t really have much of a lintel. Do you need to have a seriously overhanging bit on the doorframe in order for it to work? I''d guess so, but I''m hoping it''s not the case ....
I don''t think so. In fact, I think that was part of the reason it didn''t work too well for us. I would go to your local BB&B and buy it. Try it out, and if it doesn''t fit, take it back. If you can put it up/take it down easily enough then it is def worth it the $29 bucks (bring your 20% coupon!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results