shape
carat
color
clarity

Iron Chef America

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone watch last night''s episode at around 9PM EST (Morimoto v. Douglas)? Katie Lee Joel (Billy Joel''s YOUNG wife) made an appearance as a guest judge. In one scene when they''re testing the foods, they flashed a close up of her and you could REALLY see her diamond. It must have EASILY been 4-5 carats!!!! AND amazingly sparkly!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love ICA!!! I will have to TiVo a rerun of that episode for the bling!!! What was the secret ingredient?

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Secret Ingredient was Wild Salmon! She was a HORRIBLE judge btw!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I caught that episode last night, but didn''t finish watching it. I''m a HUGE ICA fan (OK, I''m biased- I work for Food Network!). I got to so see a taping earlier this year, and it was a blast.

Who won??? Spill the beans!

Anyway, Tom Douglas is a superb chef. I always try to make it to at least one of his restaurants when I''m in Seattle. i''m headed there next week- woo hoo!!

Morimoto is certainly no slouch. His restaurant in Philly is great. I hear he''s opening one in NYC (maybe it''s already open?)

I was so into the cooking that I admit I missed Katie''s bling. OY!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
ChargerGrrl, what do you do for Food Network? And can I be your (highly paid) assistant?? Pleeeeeeaaaaasseeeee!!!
1.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 2:01:41 AM
Author: ChargerGrrl
I caught that episode last night, but didn''t finish watching it. I''m a HUGE ICA fan (OK, I''m biased- I work for Food Network!). I got to so see a taping earlier this year, and it was a blast.

Anyway, Tom Douglas is a superb chef. I always try to make it to at least one of his restaurants when I''m in Seattle. i''m headed there next week- woo hoo!!

Morimoto is certainly no slouch. His restaurant in Philly is great. I hear he''s opening one in NYC (maybe it''s already open?)

Morimoto opened his new restaurant recently -- so yummy. He also has three Nobu''s in the city.

What do you do for the Food Network?! I''m going to culinary school starting in September and am thinking of doing something for the Food Network or some other media outlet. I''d love to hear all about it!

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 2:01:41 AM
Author: ChargerGrrl

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! I''m addicted to Food Network. It''s either the news or that on in my house.

Tom Douglas actually won...but only because Katie gave Morimoto a 5 on taste (and gave Tom a 10)...I''m not knocking Tom but I can''t imagine Morimoto''s foods were that bad in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results