shape
carat
color
clarity

IRISH Honeymoon -- What To DO??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
They call them the "three sisters" ...

ithreesisters.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The flock that ran a stop sign ...

isheep.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doesn''t everyone take pictures of cool movie theaters?

imovietheater.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not to mention cool movie theater *bathrooms*
6.gif
(I felt like I was in a spaceship)

ibroom.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And ... grudgingly ... the newlyweds.
20.gif

idecos.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, so glad you had a fabulous trip!!! Welcome home!!!
36.gif
35.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Deco, you guys are SO cute.

Looks like you totally lucked out with gorgeous weather! And I''m not surprised you didn''t love Galway...I would not have either if I had experienced Dingle and Kinsale first (Galway was my first stop). Glad you got a booking at the Greenmount House! If you had a balcony, my guess is you had one of the best rooms in the place!

So what did you think of the Cliffs of Moher? As I mentioned previously, I was underwhelmed, so I''m interested to see what you thought.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Dec,

I LOVE the pictures and am so glad you had a great time. Thank you so much for sharing!

~K

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2007 6:34:43 PM
Author: decodelighted
Doesn''t everyone take pictures of cool movie theaters?
You should frame and hang this one...it''s so cool and retro!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Deco, we missed you. so glad you're back. your pics are AWESOME, I seriously want to go to Ireland so bad and am working on hubby to make it our 10 year anniversary trip which is only 2 1/2 years away. Your pics will help my cause. I'm Irish and would love to go experience the home of my ancestors. you are decoshub are just darling too..

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you had a great time!! You were so lucky with the weather-it disappeared last Friday and lashed rain all weekend!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2007 6:55:53 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I''m not surprised you didn''t love Galway...I would not have either if I had experienced Dingle and Kinsale first (Galway was my first stop).

So what did you think of the Cliffs of Moher? As I mentioned previously, I was underwhelmed, so I''m interested to see what you thought.

I was thinking more about this & Galway wasn''t so bad -- I think it was the shocking *contrast* between the blissful coastal areas and the snarled traffic of a mid-level metropolis. Also, our B&B there was one of the ones that came with our "package" -- rather than the self-paid upgraded accms. we had *elsewhere*. In retrospect, Galway had that cool movie theater & the best antique jewelry store I came across & a fun toy store that I scored some stuff for the niece & nephews. I think I just wish I''d had an extra day in Dublin -- which I liked despite my very best friend SWEARING that I wouldn''t. I''m afraid I spent too much of my Dublin allotted "shopping time" in one store that had cute, trendy plus sized clothes -- which are so darn hard to find. I think I tried on their ENTIRE STOCK. But - cuz the $ is so WEAK, only splurged on a pair of darkwash flared jeans & a killer white eyelet hip length blouse with puff slvs, rounded schoolgirl collar & tie belt. SO CUTE! The store was Evans UK for any curvy gals interested in checking them out online.
30.gif

Oh .. and the Cliffs: totally meh. I think we were there at a bad time of day because they were all in shadow & I was too pooped to climb to a *possibly* more flattering vantage. We were laughing so hard because they''ve made a DISNEY park out of this thing ... acres of parking & fees & bus loads of people showing up and snack bar & gift shops and ... For THAT??? Almost EVERY place we went on the Dingle Penninsula was more stunning -- and DESERTED comparatively?? Crazeee!
26.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s how the cliffs looked when we were there ... shadow, right?

icliffs.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And *this* is how I felt about climbing any further up in the hopes of a better view...
3.gif

inomorehiking.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2007 8:48:55 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I seriously want to go to Ireland so bad and am working on hubby to make it our 10 year anniversary trip which is only 2 1/2 years away. Your pics will help my cause. I''m Irish and would love to go experience the home of my ancestors.
Ireland would make an AMAZING anniversary trip!! Hope the pictures *do* help the cause!! It was very easy to navigate (especially with the Garmin system in the car), everyone we met was so nice, there''s a greater selection of foods than I''d feared ... and I think DH loved it even more than I did. Even more than his fave to date spot (London). And he doesn''t even drink! If your DH is a beer-drinker or a golfer ... you''re all set!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great pics--thanks for sharing!

cheers---Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2007 3:36:04 PM

I was thinking more about this & Galway wasn''t so bad -- I think it was the shocking *contrast* between the blissful coastal areas and the snarled traffic of a mid-level metropolis. Also, our B&B there was one of the ones that came with our ''package'' -- rather than the self-paid upgraded accms. we had *elsewhere*. In retrospect, Galway had that cool movie theater & the best antique jewelry store I came across & a fun toy store that I scored some stuff for the niece & nephews. I think I just wish I''d had an extra day in Dublin -- which I liked despite my very best friend SWEARING that I wouldn''t. I''m afraid I spent too much of my Dublin allotted ''shopping time'' in one store that had cute, trendy plus sized clothes -- which are so darn hard to find. I think I tried on their ENTIRE STOCK. But - cuz the $ is so WEAK, only splurged on a pair of darkwash flared jeans & a killer white eyelet hip length blouse with puff slvs, rounded schoolgirl collar & tie belt. SO CUTE! The store was Evans UK for any curvy gals interested in checking them out online.
30.gif

Oh .. and the Cliffs: totally meh. I think we were there at a bad time of day because they were all in shadow & I was too pooped to climb to a *possibly* more flattering vantage. We were laughing so hard because they''ve made a DISNEY park out of this thing ... acres of parking & fees & bus loads of people showing up and snack bar & gift shops and ... For THAT??? Almost EVERY place we went on the Dingle Penninsula was more stunning -- and DESERTED comparatively?? Crazeee!
26.gif
Ah, so I am not the only one who thought "meh." I think I wrote in my report back home at the time sentiments that were similar to yours. I couldn''t get excited about a place with a great big parking lot full of tour buses vomiting out tourists.

However, do you know that if you throw a hat, sweater, or like lightweight item off the cliff, it will come back to you? I actually went to the cliffs twice. The first time was meh. That night I met two German guys who told me this little factoid. I didn''t believe them, so we went the next day and sure enough, you throw your hat over the cliffs (as if you were throwing a frisbee...kind of up in the air) and it boomerangs back to you. Now THAT time was far less MEH!

Yeah, I don''t know know why anyone would pick the Ring of Kerry over Slea Head. I just think it''s such a lovely, peaceful drive. Of course, my opinion is not totally grounded as I have never done the ROK as I opted to skip it.

I did like Galway, but I would have liked it far less if I had done any of the other towns first. If it''s your first glimpse of Ireland, I think it gives a full dose of charm. Plus it''s a crash course in driving on the left!

I''m really glad you had a great trip Deco...thanks for reporting back!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2007 6:27:45 PM
View from a rocky hike we took along the Dingle Peninusula ... you can see a wee Decoshub wearing a green shirt in the distance.
okay tell me i am not the only one who thought... 'what is a deco shub?'... ?

yeah it's late and i'm tired.
5.gif

love the piccies, the movie theatre one is awesome. but my fave is the 'thumbs down'...talk about capturing character in a photo...i will now forever envision the deco-biga$$-thumbs-down in my mind when reading certain posts of yours.
41.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2007 3:46:47 PM
And *this* is how I felt about climbing any further up in the hopes of a better view...
3.gif
Yup, there''s that Deco attitude personified and forever embedded in PSr''s minds, lol! Love it!
36.gif
Next time pie comes up you need to post that pic!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 1:56:26 AM
Author: Mara

okay tell me i am not the only one who thought... 'what is a deco shub?'... ?

yeah it's late and i'm tired.
5.gif

love the piccies, the movie theatre one is awesome. but my fave is the 'thumbs down'...talk about capturing character in a photo...i will now forever envision the deco-biga$$-thumbs-down in my mind when reading certain posts of yours.
41.gif
LOL, I'll one up ya Mara...I read it as "Deco shrub." I'm not kidding.

I was looking for a green shrub in that pic....

ETA, I typed in that last sentence "green scrub" and not shrub. Oops, I just typed "shrug" instead of shrub. Sh*t Mara...what was in that wine that Greg gave me?
41.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are a HOOT! I couldn''t resist embracing the "attitude" avatar for a few days at least -- but I''d naively like to think that I''m SLIGHTLY more happy, goofy pup than grizzled, bitter, nay-sayer.

One more travel antecdote I know you gals will enjoy: Coming back through US customs, the official took both DH & my passports and said "These are for you and YOUR DAUGHTER??"

Me: GALES of laughter. DH: look of horror (as he''s four years YOUNGER than I)

The official was all "Uh, I mean WIFE??" And I said "Must be the pigtails!"

The last time I was on an international flight I got carded on the plane when I ordered wine with dinner??? So this was another fabulously flattering moment as I approach the 4-0.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2007 1:13:36 PM
You guys are a HOOT! I couldn''t resist embracing the ''attitude'' avatar for a few days at least -- but I''d naively like to think that I''m SLIGHTLY more happy, goofy pup than grizzled, bitter, nay-sayer.

One more travel antecdote I know you gals will enjoy: Coming back through US customs, the official took both DH & my passports and said ''These are for you and YOUR DAUGHTER??''

Me: GALES of laughter. DH: look of horror (as he''s four years YOUNGER than I)

The official was all ''Uh, I mean WIFE??'' And I said ''Must be the pigtails!''

The last time I was on an international flight I got carded on the plane when I ordered wine with dinner??? So this was another fabulously flattering moment as I approach the 4-0.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

LMAO - last year, hubby and I were out to lunch sitting at counter stools. An older (and not-all-there) older lady was sitting a few stools away on hubby''s right - around the curve of the counter, so she could see both of us talking.

At one point, I pointed something out to hubby that was hanging on the wall....older woman pipes in with "what a handsome SON you have".

Husband nearly fell off the stool laughing so hard; he''s 3 years my junior anyway, and this didn''t help.
11.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Ooh Deco thank you so much for sharing your beautiful photos! I am so glad you had a good trip and now weren''t you lucky with the weather?!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool pics!!! I want to go bad; I am so jealous. hehehe in a good way
11.gif
31.gif
I almost missed this thread; I'm glad I didn't!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results