shape
carat
color
clarity

iPod speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I''ve decided to get DH some good iPod speakers for Christmas to go with his new 80GB classic, but am having trouble deciding. I''m looking in the $100-150 range. Anyone have some they can recommend?

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
This one is what my FI and I have. We really like it and it is portable so we can take it with us if we need to. We never have, but we have the choice right? We bought it in May and it has a great sound and also comes with a remote. We listened to all the ones that they had and we both liked this one the best. We did buy it at the Apple store but I have seen it at many other places and I''m sure somewhere has it on sale. I saw it on Amazon.com for about $190 and I think that I have seen it cheaper somewhere. I would also recommend going and listening to the different ones to see what you like best. Happy shopping!
36.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Selkie...we are gift twins..I just came to this thread to post about IPOD speakers...my BF wants the same thing for christmas...I am interested in seeing what other people post..

I looked on CNET.com ''s reviews and there was another altec lansing one that got good reviews (it was more square) but it is only available in black...

I like the Bose Sound Dock Portable but at 400 bucks it''s a bit much!

Hopefully most people will post suggestions...

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I bought FI a stereo from Sharper Image last year that has a dock for your ipod and we love it. It has a clear, powerful sound...but is not portable. It''s a "ZipCOnnect" Stereo - I cannot find it on their website!!

We also have this stereo from Brookstone - I can connect my ipod to it very easily and the sound is so crisp.....I would argue BETTER than the Sharper Image AND Bose stereos....

FOr portability with my iPod, I have an Altec Lansing Speaker dock. Not the best sound at all, but good enough for my bathroom while applying Make up in the morning!!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Ha, well, about two hours after I posted this, DH came home with this cable that plugs into our TV and current sound-system and plays the iPod through it, including the video. SO now I need to poke around and find out if he still wants some portable speakers for work. But, thanks for the help so far, and please keep posting suggestions since I think this is something others will be interested in!

Since we''re space-limited in our place, I was thinking this was kind of interesting: Sharper Image iTower. Anyone have it?

iTower.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
I have these portable Logitech iPod speakers, and I'm pretty satisfied with them. I love that they go into a case! They work with the iPod or iPod Mini. There is a jack in the back for other mp3s and with a cable my Inno XM radio. The sound is pretty good (not like it's Bose, but pretty decent sound). The battery life is pretty good too.

loser.gif
L's for love.

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
Audioengine 5 or 2''s are the best, IMO.

I have both the larger 5''s and the smaller 2''s. I have one set in my office and one in my bedroom. The 2''s are relatively new to the market but I think if I were to do it again, I would only get the smaller set. They''re MUCH smaller and the sound is simply AMAZING. They put the Bose set to shame and nothing by JBL or even the Apple Hi-Fi''s can compare. They''re not overly trendy but there are build extremely solid and are timeless in style. I think the 2''s are like $200 and the 5''s are like $350 (and that''s for a set).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results