shape
carat
color
clarity

IPOD question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered an IPOD Classic from apple.com as a Christmas gift. I just realized I have a question. Does the IPOD come with earphones? The apple website doesn''t give much information, and it just shows a pic of the IPOD itself. Any info on what actually comes with an ipod? Thank you!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
They will be included. With a cord to connect to your comp and *maybe* a charger, that has been changing some lately as the comp cord can charge as well. Thats about all I can think of, enjoy your iPod!

elisabeth_mimi

Rough_Rock
Yes the ipod comes with some earbuds it will also come with a USB cord to sync your computer with your ipod.

Here is a pic of the headphones that the unit will come with

(Hopefully it works I have never attached a message before)

Hope this helps!!

ipod headphones.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
As the others said, yes, your iPod comes with earbuds, but I would implore you to order some with better quality. The Apple earbudys break easily and the sound isn''t the best.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you''re giving the Ipod as a gift the earbuds provided will be sufficient and the giftee can find alternate styles to suit their needs. I have the pink Ipod and the earbuds that came with it are sufficient for my needs...but I know that there are a lot of options out there from which to choose. Mine was a gift from my DH last Valentine''s Day and I haven''t used it quite enough to change earbuds yet, but I would like some sparkly shugas from nordie''s if I ever feel the need, hee hee.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm going to tag on to the OP's question and follow up with my own - have they stopped including the earbud covers for the earphones they include? I just got a cute new red shuffle and there were no little earbud covers in there. Have they stopped including those? If so, why? Are they no longer necessary?!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 10:44:49 AM
Author: FireGoddess
I''m going to tag on to the OP''s question and follow up with my own - have they stopped including the earbud covers for the earphones they include? I just got a cute new red shuffle and there were no little earbud covers in there. Have they stopped including those? If so, why? Are they no longer necessary?!
Actually, FG, I think that they redesigned the earphones not too long ago. I guess that the change made the shape slightly different? I can''t remember the details right now. FWIW I have the Apple in-ear earbud ones (~$40) and I love them. My ears are too small for the included ones. They have better sound too, so I would recommend them if you think the ones you got with your shuffle are uncomfortable without the covers. HTH!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2007 10:44:49 AM
Author: FireGoddess
I'm going to tag on to the OP's question and follow up with my own - have they stopped including the earbud covers for the earphones they include? I just got a cute new red shuffle and there were no little earbud covers in there. Have they stopped including those? If so, why? Are they no longer necessary?!
I think they stopped including them a while ago. My ipod is 3 years old and the included headphones did not have that foam cover. I hated Apple's headphones anyway and replaced them with Sony's Fontopia (sp?) ones. They are in-ear and sound much better.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Mine came with the covers - and I got a refurb last spring. They''re just in a tiiiiiiny flat package. Maybe got lost in the packaging?

I second the in-ear headphones vote. The included headphones make my ears hurt after only a few minutes - I don''t know a single person who hasn''t changed the headphones out for something else.

For other accessories, I also highly recommend a really good case and some sort of converter for the car (unless you have the mp3 plug already included in your vehicle). I have the griffin itrip and like it a lot - plus, I can charge my ipod with my razr charger when the itrip is in use.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2007 9:31:55 PM
Author: Elmorton
Mine came with the covers - and I got a refurb last spring. They're just in a tiiiiiiny flat package. Maybe got lost in the packaging?
I thought that might be the case so I rechecked...nope. Just a quick reference card for the shuffle, a directions pamphlet, and 2 apple stickers. And the docking/charging station of course. No covers. It seems like the consensus is that they stopped including them. Just wanted to make sure, though I guess I could just call an Apple store to be entirely sure.
1.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve had my iPod since 2002 and I''m still using the earbuds that came with it! I never knew they weren''t well liked. I did lose the foam covers years ago, but they still work just fine. (My students make fun of me for having such a "big" iPod, though!)

sera

Ideal_Rock
I figured I would ask my iPod question here rather than starting a new thread... I hope it''s ok, I just thought it would be useful to keep the questions together maybe?

Do you have to download the videos to your songs separately and thus pay separately? Or are they attached/embedded to the song so that if you have an iPod video the video autoplays?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results