shape
carat
color
clarity

IPL facial

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
has anyone had this done? how quickly did you see results?

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 8:32:51 PM
Author:biblobaggins23
I've had it done. What kind of results are you expecting? It does help get rid of hyperpigmentation. The area gets darker first, then kind of sluffs off after about a week. Other then that, I don't remember any significant results. But, I think they have to adjust the treatment for the type of problem that you are concerned about.

~maria~

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 2:03:40 AM
Author: marvel

Date: 3/19/2007 8:32:51 PM
Author:biblobaggins23
I've had it done. What kind of results are you expecting? It does help get rid of hyperpigmentation. The area gets darker first, then kind of sluffs off after about a week. Other then that, I don't remember any significant results. But, I think they have to adjust the treatment for the type of problem that you are concerned about.

~maria~
hey maria, thanks for your reply! i have some broken capillaries on my nose that are the result of red wine or sundamage. i also have some light, light freckles that i'd like to be proactive and preventative about before they get worse. both of my parents have rosacea and i just want to do something to help my skin prevent me getting rosacea as long as possible. i'm afraid i'm inheriting my mother's vascular rosacea at a young age. i have fair skin.

what results did you get? what kind of skin do you have?

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I have a medium complexion. It definately got rid of the age spots, sun damage, hyperpigmentation. I think the sessions have to be spread out about a month apart, but it does work for stuff like. The damaged areas will get darker after the procedure, so don't freak out. It will slough off after about a week. Make sure you have a good doctor. They can burn your skin if they don't know what they're doing. If you're in the LA area, I can give you the name of my doctor.

~maria~

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had IPL a few times. At first, it did seem to work but the pigmentation comes back later. Maybe it's because I am Asian and Asians are very prone to pigmentataion and it is SOOOO difficult, i'd day practically impossible, to get rid of them. I think it works better on fairer skins. I'd second that you'd need to choose yr doctor carefully, i.e go on someone else's referral. I had a doctor who turned up the machine to too high a setting and burnt one of my eyebrows. It tooks several months before the hair grew back. Also, another person, a very high profile case since it went on national TV and papers, had her face burnt and infected (yikes! but the poor thing!) with the incumbent doctor ending up losing her licence.

Do you wear lots of high factor sunscreens? It's so important.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
yeah i do, generally 15-30 spf, but i live in the south, and its march and nearly 80 degrees. so i wear 60

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results