shape
carat
color
clarity

iphone vs android, which is better?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1309810410|2961653 said:
My best friend just got the iPhone and unfortunately had to send it back and get a replacement because after a week it started working like junk.

This happened to my husband as well. Every so often his passwords and calender would delete themselves somehow. It was really bizarre. He brought it to an apple store and they switched it for a new one.

I had issues with my first android phone as well. It had a weird line of dead pixels down the screen right out of the box. I brought it back and the store switched over all of my info to a new phone no problem.

Having used the iphone 4, and the Nexus S (an android phone) I prefer the apps on the iphone, but the functionality of the Nexus S. Its also important to remember that not all android phones are created equally. The iphone 4 and Nexus S have a very similar setup, battery life, and functionality. I prefer the Nexus S because of its ability to use near field communication, how easy it is to project wifi, the way the standard auto-correct works, how it isn't locked to a specific provider (so you can switch sim cards when you're travelling) and how it can play more video formats than the iphone 4.

As far as apps go, there are versions of everything I really like, so its not horrible to switch to an android. There are fewer sega/nintendo style games, but I'm more productive without those anyway. My husband does some app development and he says that the tools to develop android apps are improving. There are also new ways to produce an app that will work on both iphone and android.

So bottom line, look up reviews for the specific phone you're looking at. I would recommend a Google phone because they seem to run the smoothest. If you're comparing the cheapest android to an iphone, then the iphone will win hands down.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results