shape
carat
color
clarity

INXS !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
Last night I got to see INXS live.. I know that in general, some people are unsure of the way they went about to find a new singer.
BUT WOW IS HE EVER HOT!!!
The show was fantastic! they sang the new and some classics, but I loved the way JD changed them just a little bit to his vocal range... mmmmm he is hot.
(he is sooo yummy..)!!! okay.. *breath*..hah

JD51515.jpg

Angela1977

Shiny_Rock
OH SO JEALOUS!!!
No one can replace Michael, but this guy looks to be doing an excellent job. I''d love to catch them somewhere...*sigh*

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
he does do a fabulous job, you''re right.
and you are right, micheal is VERY hard to replace.
I like that they aren''t foccusing TOO much on the old stuff and are looking to move on (like a new band WOULD do)..
he is fantastic..
you watch him move and you just want to BE on stage with him!!!
definitely a great show!! :)

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I am so excited to hear it was a great show!!!

I am surprising my DH and DS with tickets for the show in Toronto on Sunday - Mother''s Day! Hmmmm - somewhat backwards here - shouldn''t they be surprising me with something?!?!?! LOLOLOL

My son will be twelve next month so this will be his first big concert. I am really looking forward to it!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
sparkly stars - I wondered how the opening band was?

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmm - I wouldn''t mind a bit of JD....come to think of it, I wouldn''t mind a LOT of JD. I didn''t think Michael was good looking but he had sex appeal. JD has both. I think one of the reasons they are successful now is that they are releasing new songs.

A few years ago, Jon Stevens (formerly of Noiseworks) became the singer of INXS. Now he''s hot too but the problem was that they only focussed on the old stuff and didn''t release anything new.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkster, thats exactly right! also.. the two temp singers they tried were already "known" which made them not so much a "part of the band" it was like here''s inxs and the singer type thing!!

HLMR!! SORRY I didn''t post sooner (had to work!) BUT the opening band was FANTASTIC! I had never heard of the name ( and I don''t remember
38.gif
he kind of mumbled!) BUT the songs he played I recognized from the radiO! It was kind of accoustic-y and mellow, but with a great beat! they were great! I plan on grabbing their cd sooN!

The show you will enjoy, I have no idea how your seating is, but for us we had floor seats (I wish I hadn''t gotten those) because EVERYONE stood during the whole concert!!! haha.. and I''m not tall, but they had two big screens.
anyways, JD made it a fantastic show as did the rest of the band.
I think I might be in love!
30.gif
(please let me know how you liked the show afterwards k!?) :)

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2006 9:00:09 PM
Author: sparkly_stars
Sparkster, thats exactly right! also.. the two temp singers they tried were already ''known'' which made them not so much a ''part of the band'' it was like here''s inxs and the singer type thing!!

HLMR!! SORRY I didn''t post sooner (had to work!) BUT the opening band was FANTASTIC! I had never heard of the name ( and I don''t remember
38.gif
he kind of mumbled!) BUT the songs he played I recognized from the radiO! It was kind of accoustic-y and mellow, but with a great beat! they were great! I plan on grabbing their cd sooN!

The show you will enjoy, I have no idea how your seating is, but for us we had floor seats (I wish I hadn''t gotten those) because EVERYONE stood during the whole concert!!! haha.. and I''m not tall, but they had two big screens.
anyways, JD made it a fantastic show as did the rest of the band.
I think I might be in love!
30.gif
(please let me know how you liked the show afterwards k!?) :)
you betcha!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hey sparkly stars:

Just wanted to let you know that INXS was INCREDIBLE last night!! JD was amazing - the energy that guy has is just electrifying! He actually went out into the crowd twice last night, and really far into the crowd at that! In a concert with 50,000 people that was kinda nuts, but he is so new and reeling from his new stardom, that I am sure he is feeling invincible right now. Just one year ago he was actually living in his car.

It was a great mix of old and new and when he came back out for the encore, he did a singing monologue (almost eminem like) and even sang "amazing grace" with the back up singers.

He has certainly breathed new life back into the band. All in all a truly amazing concert!

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
awesome eh?
He also did the monologue thing too, I was actually very impressed!

haha he also went into the crowd here, as did one of the other members (i couldnt see well i think it might have been john), anyways the body guards looked kind of annoyed haha, but otherwise it was super!
I joked that had he come close enough i would have jumped him hahaha. he is yummy!

Im glad you enjoyed it too! :)
I wish I could see the show again! ahh!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2006 9:30:03 AM
Author: hlmr
Hey sparkly stars:

Just wanted to let you know that INXS was INCREDIBLE last night!! JD was amazing - the energy that guy has is just electrifying! He actually went out into the crowd twice last night, and really far into the crowd at that! In a concert with 50,000 people that was kinda nuts, but he is so new and reeling from his new stardom, that I am sure he is feeling invincible right now. Just one year ago he was actually living in his car.

It was a great mix of old and new and when he came back out for the encore, he did a singing monologue (almost eminem like) and even sang ''amazing grace'' with the back up singers.

He has certainly breathed new life back into the band. All in all a truly amazing concert!
HI Heather"

Glad you guys enjoyed the concert! I loved INSX when they were popular all those years ago with MH, and now I am glad they are regaining a following.

As an aside, while in the OK last year, with limited stuff to do I was religated to watch TV in the evenings,and that is when the INXS search began for a new singer. Despite never watching TV and being very skepitcal of reality shows in general, I did end up watching the entire series Rock Star INSX and must admit to enjoy watching JD win. He is certainly a capable singer and entertaining person!!!!

cheers--Sharon

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 10:23:12 AM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 5/15/2006 9:30:03 AM
Author: hlmr
Hey sparkly stars:

It was a great mix of old and new and when he came back out for the encore, he did a singing monologue (almost eminem like) and even sang ''amazing grace'' with the back up singers.

HI Heather''

Glad you guys enjoyed the concert! I loved INSX when they were popular all those years ago with MH, and now I am glad they are regaining a following.

As an aside, while in the OK last year, with limited stuff to do I was religated to watch TV in the evenings,and that is when the INXS search began for a new singer. Despite never watching TV and being very skepitcal of reality shows in general, I did end up watching the entire series Rock Star INSX and must admit to enjoy watching JD win. He is certainly a capable singer and entertaining person!!!!

cheers--Sharon
Thanks Sharon....it was a lot of fun! I would highly recommend this concert to anyone who is thinking about seeing it!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2006 9:46:32 AM
Author: sparkly_stars
awesome eh?
He also did the monologue thing too, I was actually very impressed!

haha he also went into the crowd here, as did one of the other members (i couldnt see well i think it might have been john), anyways the body guards looked kind of annoyed haha, but otherwise it was super!
I joked that had he come close enough i would have jumped him hahaha. he is yummy!

Im glad you enjoyed it too! :)
I wish I could see the show again! ahh!
I was reading on their website that the monologue was actually one of the song's on their new album - switch. It is the last song and is called God's Top Ten. I will have to listen to my CD and check it out!

Edited to add: Nope - the monologue is not on the CD. God's Top Ten is a slow beautiful song.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I feel like a dirty old lady look at him LOL. And I agree, he is very HOT!

INXS was HUGE when I was in college in the 80''s so its very odd to have the new singer. But I am amazed at his talent. His voice really fits well with the band. I think that he is a great replacement.

Its eeary how close his voice is to Michael Hutchens

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 11:06:04 AM
Author: asscherisme
I feel like a dirty old lady look at him LOL. And I agree, he is very HOT!

INXS was HUGE when I was in college in the 80''s so its very odd to have the new singer. But I am amazed at his talent. His voice really fits well with the band. I think that he is a great replacement.

Its eeary how close his voice is to Michael Hutchens
I think he is 33 so he''s not that much younger than us.....and definitely not young enough to be your or my son, soooo therefore, you shouldn''t be feeling like a dirty old lady!
9.gif
31.gif
2.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Whew, thanks for that. I thought he was early 20s. Well considering I''m 36, then he is well within my age range :) Of course, DH might have a problem with it. LOL.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
ahaha.. I am not fascinated with very many celebs.. like AT ALL. but when the topic of JD comes up.. i am in "heaven" haha.. my poor poor bf.. haha I babble about him and just overall in aweee.. HE IS SO HOT.. *breath*
But of course I love my bf to pieces
31.gif
, and he somewhat tolerates me.. hehe.

33 works well, for those in their 20''s up to the one''s in their 40''s to realistically dream about him..ehehe

(although I heard he had a gf ! but still!) mmm

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
If you guys remember correctly, they almost threw JD out of the contest week 1 (!) because of his cockines! It worked for him, he proved himself (even to me -- I was a JD hater throughout the show until the final 2 weeks). And yes, boy is he EVER hot. I thought 32 was too old to have a crush, but if he''s 33. well, then, BONUS
18.gif
Crush is on!

jen

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I never watched the show. Not one episode. But I was a huge INXS fan in their prime.

Then recently I was working out on my treadmill watching VH1 and their video came on and I though, WOW! Who the heck is the new guy with INXS. Then I remembered saw a little blurb about him on VH1.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I never saw the show either. I am 39, so I enjoyed INXS in the eighties and early nineties. I am from Nova Scotia, so I was happy to hear about a fellow Bluenoser winning the contest! I really think he is doing a great job and I would definitely go and see him again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results