shape
carat
color
clarity

Inviting those who you doubt can come

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying to put together a list for my MOH for my shower. I have serveral people on there, like my favorite aunts for example, that live at least a flight away but whom I would be so very pleased if they''d be able to come. And I want them to know I think of them in this way.........but I am doubtful they''d be able to fly in for the shower and then also the wedding (to which of course they are also invited). Can/should I still invite them and let them decide for themselves if 2 flights to see me within the year is too much for them?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I think you should definitely invite them. Who knows, maybe they''ll end up coming!

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
You should definitely invite whoever you want to be there. Let them decide whether they can make it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d invite them. They will appreciate the invite, and it would be a pleasant surprise if one of them could make it!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay.....I think I will, then :)

I was recently on the other side of this issue. I sent out STD''s the end of January in response to which one of my aunts from Florida wrote me to let me know she wouldn''t be able to attend. Along with her hand written letter of regret she included a baby shower invite. I got her regrets and shower invite in the mail on Feb 2 and her baby shower is on Feb 11!!!
33.gif
Did I mention she lives in Florida and I in Rhode Island? I still sent her a gift but I admit to feeling a little funny about it all..........

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
What if you sent the invite along with a personal note stating that you would love to see them if they can make it, but that you know that it is a long trip. Also, mention in the note that they should please not send a gift if they can''t attend. Or something to that affect. My point is, your intentions are the best but you want to make sure your friends and family don''t think you are trolling for gifts! :)

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 2:40:53 PM
Author: gailrmv
What if you sent the invite along with a personal note stating that you would love to see them if they can make it, but that you know that it is a long trip. Also, mention in the note that they should please not send a gift if they can''t attend. Or something to that affect. My point is, your intentions are the best but you want to make sure your friends and family don''t think you are trolling for gifts! :)
That''s a nice idea
21.gif
My moh is planning this though, so maybe I will ask her to include a note such as you suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results