shape
carat
color
clarity

Invite/Reception Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do I need a reception card in my invitations if my reception is at the same place as my wedding ceremony? I''''m probably going to do classic engraved invites. Thanks in advance!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
It''s been a long time since I did the wedding-thing, but I think you would only need to include a separate reception card if people need to indicate a menu choice beforehand. Otherwise, I think it would be fine to just say "reception following ceremony at ______", or similar wording.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 11:02:22 PM
Author:thing2of2
Do I need a reception card in my invitations if my reception is at the same place as my wedding ceremony? I''m probably going to do classic engraved invites. Thanks in advance!
Try posting this in BWW forum.
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 11:33:30 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 2/7/2009 11:02:22 PM

Author:thing2of2

Do I need a reception card in my invitations if my reception is at the same place as my wedding ceremony? I''m probably going to do classic engraved invites. Thanks in advance!
Try posting this in BWW forum.
1.gif

Oops! Never posted in the wrong place before! Hahaha...thanks Kaleigh!
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I asked the admin to move it for you
35.gif

In answer to your question, no, I really don''t think so. We didn''t. You can say something like "dinner and dancing to follow" on there, people will get the picture
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha thanks, musey-not sure how I did that!

And I''m glad your answer is no! It will save us money if we don''t get them (not much, but it all adds up fast!), but I don''t want to skip them if people usually do them.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for no. We''re not doing it for the same reason. Just putting reception immediately to follow or something like that.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:00:07 AM
Author: musey
I asked the admin to move it for you
35.gif

In answer to your question, no, I really don''t think so. We didn''t. You can say something like ''dinner and dancing to follow'' on there, people will get the picture
1.gif
Ditto to Ms. Musey!

(tiny threadjack) T2o2 - can you check out BB''s Sparkalicious thread if you get a chance, I''d appreciate your superfabulicious input.

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Now days anything goes. I sell invitations/stationery and it is not a must but it does look nice. It is entirely up to you and what you think looks best. Who are you going with for engraving? Crane? William Arthur?) I just LOVE engraved cards. If you decide not to do a separate card it is acceptable to put "reception immediately following ceremony" in one of the bottom corners of the invite. I normally do it on the bottom left side. Honestly, I think either one works fine but if I were you and since it is being held at the same location I would include it on the invite. I hope this helps!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our ceremony and reception were both held at the same place and we just said "reception to follow" or something like that at the bottom of our invitations.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We did not have separate reception cards for our reception, which was held at the same location as the ceremony. Traditionally, you do not have a separate reception card in this case.

Our invites were engraved, and they were Crane''s, of course. :)

I can''t wait to see your invitations! I just swoon over a beautifully engraved invite. (We just placed a custom frame order for one of our extra invites and the engraving plate. I can''t wait to see the finished product!)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the help, everyone! I''ll definitely skip the reception cards.

Haven, I love them, too! (And I was hoping our PS etiquette expert would chime in here!) I''m not traditional at all but I just love the look of a classic engraved invitation. (It''s my mom''s absolute favorite and although she told me I didn''t have to get them I know she''s excited that I am!)

I haven''t looked at samples yet but I will probably do it this week. There are several local paper shops that are supposed to be great so I''m excited to check them out! I''ll keep you posted!
1.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:51:05 AM
Author: thing2of2
Hahaha thanks, musey-not sure how I did that!
I still do it all the time!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results