shape
carat
color
clarity

Invite question

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I wrote out a long post, but then decided that I didn't want to include all of the drama.

My question is, what do you do if there are family members who you would rather not invite to the wedding and who you know would decline an invitation? Do you send them one anyway? Do you call them to explain why you're not sending an invitation?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Invite who you want, but don't call and explain why you're not inviting someone. I don't think it's appropriate. I think it more appropriate to just not send the invitation.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it could get messy if you invite say one first cousin on your mum's side of the family but not another, or invite one cousin's kids and not another's...

I would try and just invite people by groups if possible, just to avoid that drama (I feel like drama caused by a wedding, especially, can last a long time and you just don't want to be dealing with that years from now)... if absolutely not possible then definitely don't call to explain.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
megumic said:
Invite who you want, but don't call and explain why you're not inviting someone. I don't think it's appropriate. I think it more appropriate to just not send the invitation.
Agreed. If I *knew* for sure they would decline, then I'd probably send the invitation for the sake of being polite and inclusive, but my experience with my own invitations is that you can really be wrong on those things -- I had a few elderly relatives that we were positive weren't going to come, and as it turns out, they're quite gung-ho about attending.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
mscushion said:
megumic said:
Agreed. If I *knew* for sure they would decline, then I'd probably send the invitation for the sake of being polite and inclusive, but my experience with my own invitations is that you can really be wrong on those things -- I had a few elderly relatives that we were positive weren't going to come, and as it turns out, they're quite gung-ho about attending.

Ditto this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results