shape
carat
color
clarity

Invite ideas for my backyard bbq?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Okay. I am considering evites, unless someone talks me out of it. KIDDING. sort of.

I don''t even know where to begin.

Really, I''m thinking of just maybe asking my Mom (used to be an artist) to draw a little bbq scene and put it on a some nice cardstock with the info and an rsvp card? maybe?

Does that seem alright?

Any other ideas?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
love that idea. it would make them so personal and memorable.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're going to have a casual affair too. My FMIL makes these adorable photo cards with her home printer, so we're going to put a picture of us on the front and the details inside. Nothing fancy, but they're very personal and look really nice.

If you don't have a home printer than can print nice photos many online photo places will do it for you too.

ETA: I do love the idea of a drawn pic too. Very nice and I think perfectly appropriate for the type of wedding you're having.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lysser ...

What about this dress? From herehttp://www.vintageous.com/dressy.htm ... it''s genuine vintage from the 50''s. This site is crazy though -- stuff gets snapped up asap. They had an inventory update TODAY ... that''s the only reason good stuff is still avail.

Anyhoo ...

I have actually read this post now ... I just wanted a quick way to FIND YOU!!!

lysserdress.jpg

Cheekyprincess

Shiny_Rock
OMG, I LOVE that dress!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a sample of something we used to host a cookout for our rehearsal dinner.............

COOKOUT INVITE2.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2007 12:03:53 AM
Author: decodelighted
Lysser ...

What about this dress? From herehttp://www.vintageous.com/dressy.htm ... it''s genuine vintage from the 50''s. This site is crazy though -- stuff gets snapped up asap. They had an inventory update TODAY ... that''s the only reason good stuff is still avail.

Anyhoo ...

I have actually read this post now ... I just wanted a quick way to FIND YOU!!!

That dress is FANTASTIC! Love it!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
OMG deco - that dress is breathtaking!!!! I LOVE IT! Oh wow... I''m not sure about the measurements of it though...but holy cow! That is just AMAZING! I actually love that website...but inevitably, the stuff I love is sold already!

Oh, and I love the invites with bbq stick figures! My mom and dad are coming up next weekend, so I''ll run the idea past my mom then!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
You could buy some gingham (sp?) that red/white checkered material you see at BBQ''s, and use it to cover card-stock to make a retro-looking invite (it would be cheap too) I would use a red retroish-font for the invitation details and steal a cute graphic image from a site somewhere to reinforce that theme

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
I found this today while searching for Rehearsal Dinner invites.

bbq_invite.jpg

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
And they also had this one, but there isnt as much room for text.

bbq_invite2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results