shape
carat
color
clarity

Invite for post-wedding celebration -- please critique!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
We eloped last month and are planning to throw a party to celebrate with friends and family next month. Though it's not too formal of an event, I still want the party and invitation to feel at least a little wedding-y. We are renting out a local wine bar from 7 till midnight. We will have open bar service during this time, as well as light appetizers, and a wedding cake. What do you guys think of this text for the invitation? Am I forgetting anything? Doing anything wrong? Thanks for any feedback!!

Please join us for a

Wedding Celebration

In honor of the recent marriage of

lovinsparkles & her love

Saturday, February 28, 2009
7:00 PM to Midnight

at

Venue
for Wine, Appetizers, and Wedding Cake!

Please RSVP by February 15th
to: my email address

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I think that is a wonderful idea. I like what the invite says too. Will there be dancing? If so, I''d say "for Wine, Appetizers, Dancing and Wedding Cake!" If not, then I think it''s perfect!

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Dreamgirl! There will be no dancing, though the bar has a Wii of all things...I think I will let that be a surprise though LOL Thanks for commenting -- I just wanted some PS approval before I finalized anything :)

One other issue has popped up: one set of parents is offering to split the cost of the party with us (YAY! this is great news!). I''m trying to decide if I need to indicate that on the invite somehow (probably?). If anyone has thoughts, I''d love to hear them. Thanks!!!

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Hey LunvinSparkles! Congratulations on your recent elopement! I think it would be nice to mention the parents since they are splitting the cost for the celebration.... Almost like you would mention them on a traditional invitation... You could say something like: "In honor of their recent marriage, Luvinsparkles & her love, along with their parents invite you to celebrate their marriage on...." I hope that makes sense?

Just another thought if I may? When I hear the term "appetizers" I think of the thing that comes before the real meal. If you plan to offer a small appetizer type nibbler in lieu of a full meal, maybe the term "Hors d''oeuvres" would work just as well without having any emphasis or assosciaction with a full meal? I''m just worried it might call attention to the fact that a full meal will not be offered Maybe ''cause when I think of appetizers I think of what comes next
3.gif
Again, it''s just a thought and probably motivated by the fact that I''m starving to death right now and could eat a horse (but it''s past my eating cut-off time:Grrrr.

Anyway, just my humble 2 cents.

HTH!

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
I second sparklylibra on giving some credit to the parents that are helping with the cost of the reception, and I think that the way she incorporated it works well too. I also think that Hors d''oeuvres sounds a little better than appetizer not because appetizers make me think of what comes next, but because Hors d''oeuvres always make me think of something heartier that couples well with drinking.

Other than those things, the invitations look fantastic and congrats on your recent marriage!
36.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I third sparklylibra on including the parents. You could use the terminology so and so, together with their parents invite you to...

I also agree on the term Hors D''oeuvres
35.gif

missismene

Shiny_Rock
maybe discuss with parents what they would like, or what they expect?
that is what i plan to do.
and i like using Hors D''oeuvres, dinner or not.
sounds fun.

lovinsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the help! I''ve added those two changes and am sending them out! Really appreciate the PS input!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results