shape
carat
color
clarity

Invitation ideas needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JKohio

Rough_Rock
A few months ago, I got an unbelievable deal on 5 of these do-it-yourself invitation kits, where you print them on your own printer. 3 boxes are cream colored invites, and the other 2 are white. Both have the identical border patterns (very simple), similar to the one I''ve attached here.

How could I make them more interesting than just black print on white paper? I don''t have access to a quality color printer either. (I can probably do black & white laser printing.) What about those stamps/ink that I''ve seen in the craft store? Would that be tacky? Can you think of anything sort of crafty that we can do to dress ''em up a little?
confused.gif

invit.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
You can always emboss an image on them. I was going to do that, but ended up getting invitations that had embossing!

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
what about a stamp, maybe with gold leaf? or a ribbon on top?

Check out http://www.mypersonalartist.com/designs.html too maybe for inspiration, they have really nice invites.

I think your invitations are beautiful though as they are. They are classy and simple. you can do a lot with the font you pick and stamp you use as well.

good luck~

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with a nice sheer/gauze or satin type ribbon at the top. I have a friend that is getting married and she did the do-it-yourself invitations and hers has a ribbon on top. Here is an example of the bow on the top, and then a picture of the sheer ribbon i was thinking about (not the way they tied it up though!). Hope this helps!

example5489.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Or here is another example... im not a fan of the giant ribbon though. It makes the invitation feel too crowded. I like the slim one in the other picture.

1726010477lr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results