shape
carat
color
clarity

Invitation deadline on the Knot

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Howdy all
1.gif

I''m wondering how strictly I need to follow the Knot''s deadlines in regard to invitaitons. If Knot had thier way, I''d have my invitations ordered 10 days ago (!) but we havn''t even decided on our style yet
23.gif

FYI: We are at the 24 week mark today until the wedding and I do aim to have something to send out at the 8 week mark, leaving us 16 weeks until we have to send them out.

We need to diy. We really want to diy. We both don''t have time to even carve out time to go buy things to diy lol. This kinda sux because spending a little more and getting even "cheaper" invites sounds really good right now just to have them arrive printed and pretty and all we have to do is stuff them and send them. However, I digress....Knot thinks they need to be ordered already and I''m wondering if that should 1)differ if you are diy-ing and, if so, how much 2)even if you''re buying them pre-done, do they really really take 3 months to come in??

I appreciate all your help in working out a new deadline for this! (at least, I hope that is possible!)

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
it absolutely depends where you get them from, you need to know timelines before you can order of course

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
It does absolutely depend on where you order them from. Some places I looked at had about a month from order date to when they would be delivered. We ordered ours and got them within a week ... now I need to start addressing them to get them out soon. But, we didn''t do DIY -- just didn''t have the time or patience for it. DIY can be very time consuming.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I flirted with the idea of DIY, then decided to order, then DIY again, and now, I'm set on ordering. DIY is wonderful if you have the time and patience, but for the next couple of months, I really don't. Plus, you can find invitations online that are comparable in price to DIY when all is said and done.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck! I'm getting married a month after you and since the company I'm ordering from is busy during wedding season (now until July!), I'm going to order mine at the end of this month.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 3:57:18 PM
Author: turtledazzle
It does absolutely depend on where you order them from. Some places I looked at had about a month from order date to when they would be delivered. We ordered ours and got them within a week ... now I need to start addressing them to get them out soon. But, we didn''t do DIY -- just didn''t have the time or patience for it. DIY can be very time consuming.
I hear ya! Even planning to DIY is too much for us right now. Especially because we also have to "worry" about a florist, tuxes, and rehearsal dinner at the same time. Aaarrrrghhhh. I don''t know how we will end up doing this to be honest and it''s frustrating. I did a search on PS to find threads pertaining to "cheap" or inexpensive online places but there are just so many to weed through and THAT takes time, too.

Even the more inexpensive places, like send-n-seal.com for example, will only be about $120 or so, but I don''t LOVE seal n sends and they are still going to run me about $70 more than going the Micheals/JoAnns route, y''know? Am I willing to pay $70 MORE and feel like they''re kinda cheap? I don''t know. I have some samples here from them (seal n send) and they were OK until I felt other more substantial papers...........even Micheal''s invites are 80 1lb stock and these are....I just dont'' know....but they''re not the same.

Is there any online place that offers invites that are printed and on nice enough paper for about $1 per?? lol

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2007 4:11:05 PM
Author: So_happy

Is there any online place that offers invites that are printed and on nice enough paper for about $1 per?? lol

Around how many invitations do you think you''ll need?

KoCo

Rough_Rock
I ordered mine from Jean M, and it only took 2 and a half weeks to get them from the time I ordered. They came assembled (I ordered a layered invitation).
I just can''t imagine it taking 3 months to get invitations UNLESS you are having them hand written using calligraphy or something like that. I don''t know what your budget is for invitaions, how simple or elaborate, or how many you need, but I''m sure you could find something and get it within a month at the latetest. Some online vendors even have DIY kits. But I see you mentioned that neither of you even have time to go shopping for DIY stuff. Purchasing over the internet may help in the "I don''t have time to shop" department , but DIY in essence requires much more work and time to get done.

I''m sure you know about these online vendors, but I''ll post some anyway...

Jean M
The Precious Collection
Rexcraft
Invitations by Dawn

And BTW, I''m about 2 months away from my wedding date and I just ordered mine about a month ago, so no I don''t think you need to follow that guideline. I''ll be sending my invites out at the end of the month.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree~ I need 55 so I''ll be ordering 75 I guess. I need to keep it to no more than $200 (not including postage) so that''s about $2.50 per at MOST (would love to get them at $2per).

I picked up a couple things tonight from JoAnns to do some practicing with but I really don''t think I have the time to do this kind of thing 55 times over lol. I could go VERY simple.........as in buy the box from Michaels, print on them, and that''s it.........but I do want them to look unique. For my practice DIY run I''m aspiring to a double-layer w/vellum and ribbon invite with scalloped edges!!! lol I know that''s a huge amount of detail on one little card but I need to run through the variables there to see what looks nicest.

Although I expect doing this one invite up fancy will be fun.....I highly doubt I''ll think that around #20
9.gif
9.gif

Any ideas on nice invites for about $2per? I like modern over classic and bright lilac and sage and white colors over muted ones. With our park/garden ceremony and cocktail reception...it can be quite fun and casual-ish.......but it''s still a wedding, darn it....so I still love the fancier fonts.

I''ve been over to Jean M and YUM!!! those are HOT :) But they ran up a tab pretty quick. I love the customizability tho!!!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
I second the recommendation for Invitations by Dawn. That''s where we ordered ours. You can see them here. But we went with simple, classic invitations with a silver border. I really, really wanted to find invitations with pink and sage (our colors), but I could not find any that I liked that I was willing to pay for. For 100 each of invites (printed), with inner and outer envelopes (w/ return addresses), response folders (w/ addresses), and thank you cards our total was just over $300. Invitations by Dawn will send you free samples, so you can figure out what you like without going broke
2.gif
Some felt a little cheap to me, but the ones we choose are fairly thick and both of us liked them.

Good luck!

E B

Ideal_Rock
So_Happy,

These invitations are cute, green/purple (well, the text is called "Eggplant") and in budget:

sageggplantinvites.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SoHappy is there anyone you know, whether in your wedding party or your relatives/friends who would be willing to make your invites for you? I''m asking this because it seems you are very short on time to DIY, and you still want quality without paying so much for labor. We had my aunt make out invites and they turned out beautifully; they were also her and my uncle''s wedding gift to us, although she did give us a shower gift as well and went through the expense of coming to our wedding from out of state. Just wondering if there is someone talented in your life who would be willing to maybe make your invites in lieu of giving you a wedding gift?

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree~ paperdivas is SO great !!! With response cards, they come to $231 and I don''t yet know how much having them print return address will cost but WOWZER those are lovely
30.gif
30.gif
. Where did you end up going thru???

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 4:08:47 AM
Author: monarch64
SoHappy is there anyone you know, whether in your wedding party or your relatives/friends who would be willing to make your invites for you? I''m asking this because it seems you are very short on time to DIY, and you still want quality without paying so much for labor. We had my aunt make out invites and they turned out beautifully; they were also her and my uncle''s wedding gift to us, although she did give us a shower gift as well and went through the expense of coming to our wedding from out of state. Just wondering if there is someone talented in your life who would be willing to maybe make your invites in lieu of giving you a wedding gift?
Monarch~ What a great idea :) I''ll look into it! If I can get invites I love for $200 or less though, then I might just go ahead and buy them. I''ve found a few I like from Birchcraft, Carlson Craft, Regency, and now PaperDivas (thanx to wonderfully ebree!!) that mostly come in under budget so we''ll see..........

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 4:10:16 AM
Ebree~ paperdivas is SO great !!! With response cards, they come to $231 and I don''t yet know how much having them print return address will cost but WOWZER those are lovely
30.gif
30.gif

I thought you might like them!

I''m getting my invitations from www.whiteaisle.com. I think they come out to around $3.75/invitation (including response postcard), but I''m only ordering ~55, so they''re pretty affordable.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 1:47:23 PM
Author: EBree

Date: 3/11/2007 4:10:16 AM
30.gif
30.gif

I thought you might like them!

I''m getting my invitations from www.whiteaisle.com. I think they come out to around $3.75/invitation (including response postcard), but I''m only ordering ~55, so they''re pretty affordable.
Ebree...you''re right!! Whiteaisle doesn''t make you pick 50, 75, or 100 if you only need 56 or whatever!!! I hadn''t thought of that and it could very well put whiteaisle products in the running, too :)
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
How many guests do you have? Is 55 including a couple extra for keepsakes?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Well, according to my Google spreadsheet, right now I need 43. One for us makes 44, and I was then factoring in around 10 more just in case people are added.

Our guest list is at 93 right now, if that matters!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results