shape
carat
color
clarity

Invisible set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvrounds

Rough_Rock
As an a anniversary present my husband brought me an invisible set wedding band. I had for about a month and when I went to pick up another ring I had in for repairs I had it cleaned. The jeweler that cleaned noticed that the stones were loose and tightened them for me. Yesterday, a month and and half later I was at the mall looking at jewelry and one of my diamonds fell out. Luckily the lady at the store found it. She then told me that invisible set rings had a reputation for the stones falling out as they are very delicate. She said the probably shouldn't be used as a wedding band. I took the ring back to my jeweler to be repaired, I mentioned what they lady at the other jewelry store had said. He then told me, that yes they are a very delicate setting. He told me that a channel set band would be better as an everyday wedding band. And he offered me a .25 band for $75 since this wasn't mentioned at the time my husband bought the first band.

Has anybody else have trouble with their invisible set rings? Or has anybody had any trouble with channel set bands? Just curious.

nutterbutter

Rough_Rock
I have an invisible set wedding band (approx. .85 carats) and my engagement ring setting is also invisible set (.50 carats).

I know when I bought mine, my jeweler told me they are very tricky to size. Therefore, you want the ring made specifically to your size. I have had my set for over 3 years and I have not had a problem. I should mention that I bang my hands around all of the time and I haven't lost a stone yet. I bring mine to my jeweler every 6 months for inspection and if a stone should fall out, he will replace it as his cost.

Sharon

luvrounds

Rough_Rock
I don't know what the problem with mine is. I never had my ring sized either. I am really disappointed, I enjoyed have a diamond band that was "different". I don't know what to do. I might see if I can trade it in for something different or just wear it every now and then for special occasion.
sad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results