shape
carat
color
clarity

Investigators Win Approval of Fake Medical Product

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Uh oh, my dog is named Trooper
23.gif

Excuse me, but I need to go interrogate him now about his participation in this mess
38.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Haven''t read the article yet - just want to say your new avatar is great!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
So amusing considering that my IRB won''t so much as let us change a word on a consent form without a full review that takes a month.
20.gif

Just goes to show how ridiculous these processes are if you can so easily shop around your research or products.

Attention US Gov''t: If you have policies-enforce them!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 11:27:32 PM
Author: klewis
Haven''t read the article yet - just want to say your new avatar is great!
thanks

on topic:
This is what happens when you let regulators control government functions.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
your review board has a month turn around? That''s great!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, I could have totally misread the article, but it sounds like government investigators were "testing" a private (i.e. non-government) IRB board to see if it would pass a bogus and written to be unsafe protocol. I could be wrong but that''s how I read it. Most probably their beef is that there isn''t enough oversight for private IRB boards. Personally I didn''t even know there were such things, as the only ones I''m familiar with are affiliated with institutions (universities and hospitals).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results