shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing the new #91, Me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
Now that I officially have a number, 91!, and am on the list I thought I would do my introduction thread!

Me and the BF have been together 6.5 years now, started in sophomore year of high school and have been exclusive to each other the whole time. It''s funny because back then nobody thought we would last a week and nobody understood why i would date him. He had a bit of a reputation with the ladies and I was the sweet girl next door - nowadays though our friends joke that we can''t breakup because it would be worse than their parents divorcing. We both just graduated college and now he is in his grad program. I am job searching and have a promising chance with on place but it is far from the college so it would be a tough decision seeing as he doesn''t graduate until Dec.

We have known for a long time that we intend to get married and be together forever we just felt we were too young to make any decisions like that. At this point I am going crazy waiting on him to get to ''the right time'' and I am so thankful for this forum. I feel selfish for wanting to be engaged like yesterday because he doesn''t want to propose until he knows he can take care of me. He''s so cute and old-fashioned about it that I feel guilty wanting to rush him. I however, also want him to do it completely on his own time so that i know its something HE wants too.

I do not want to commit to moving to where ever he gets a job or vice versa until there is a ring on this finger! :) I do not want to move into the ''adult'' side of life without an adult form of commitment, is that so much to ask?

I love to look at engagement rings in my spare time - live by watching say yes to the dress and cannot wait to be engaged. I have absolutely fallen in love with halo style rings and hope his "i want to wait until i have a good job and finish school and then get hitched" thing is true. If so, I theoretically have a shot of getting engaged within the year. **Fingers Crossed**

Thank you ladies so much for having this forum, it is so nice to see other people in a similar situation when it seems like all of my friends are engaged to someone and my bf and i have dated 3 times or more the time that they have. Have a super day ladies (and gents!) and I hope I haven''t rambled too much!!

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Welcome, jespere! Thanks for sharing your story.
35.gif

Another Say Yes to the Dress devotee here.

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Hi Jespere, welcome to PS......it''s soooooo addicitve!!!!! Beware of ''drinking the PS Kool-aid''!!!!!!

As others would say, I hope your stay in LIW is short but sweet
emwink.gif

When I first started reading PS forums I was like you and wanted a halo setting, now I change my mind on a daily basis..!!!! There''s ALOT of eye candy around these parts!!!!

Round Halo Lover

Shiny_Rock
Hey.......what''s say yes to the dress? I take it it''s a TV show? Is it on weddings TV?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Welcome aboard Jespere!

ChocolateLover

Rough_Rock
Say Yes to the Dress is a TV show on the TLC channel (I think new episodes are on Friday evenings, but I always miss those)

I actually really enjoy watching the reruns though - less for the dresses than the family/employee drama! Highly entertaining, although I usually watch when my BF isn''t around.

Most of the women on there spend $1000s (usually between 3 - 10 grand) on a dress which is so way beyond what I plan on doing, so its more like fantasy world for me. But still highly entertaining!!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! I also love the show Say Yes To The Dress! It''s nice to see all those beautiful gowns, even if I never could spend that much on one!

Hope your stay is short!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome, I was out of internet contact for a few days so it was nice to see all the kind responses!

I have a feeling that if it comes down to the both of us ringshopping, I will probably change my mind daily as well. :)

ALSO, As mentioned the ladies on Say yes to the dress - WHoa. Talk about budgets! I myself would never want spend that much on a dress even if i could (ha, I say that now!) but boy, the dresses are stunning.

:)

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome!

I''m glad you''ve decided to join us!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, Jespere! May your stay be short and sweet!
35.gif

DiamondCat

Shiny_Rock
welcome to ps jespere!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results