shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing myself as a new LIW!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies, :wavey:

I'm introducing myself as a new member, though I've posted previously under a different name. Suffice it to say that, given relationship troubles over the past few years (including a devastating broken engagement), I needed a bit of time away from PS.

But, after a lot of hard work with a good therapist, I've come a long way emotionally. So, in the name of starting on a fresh slate I've decided to rejoin the wonderful and supportive PS community with a fitting new screenname, Ganesha, after the elephant-headed god of new beginnings.

Most importantly, the reason I'm back is that I've fallen in love with the most wonderful man, and although we've only been together a short time, we're seriously discussing our future together (when you know, you know!). A few years ago, in one of my darkest moments of relationship doubt, a very dear (and wise!) friend suggested I make a list of the qualities that I felt were most important in a partner. I did, and then tucked it away. When I recently came across it again, I realized that not a single quality is missing in my new bf -- you can imagine how lucky I feel to have found him!

We've been to look at rings, and knowing about my jewelry hobby, he asked me to put together a little guide to buying online. He's a bit of a traditionalist, so we've discussed my taste but ultimately he wants to choose the ring himself and surprise me with it. I have no idea when it will happen, but I'm beyond excited!

So, in short, please add me to the list!

~G

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome back! This new guy sounds absolutely wonderful. I wish you both the best. :mrgreen:

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Thanks WD! :D

AdanaEsq

Shiny_Rock
welcome back! I did the same thing starting a new account after my divorce! I also had a list I'd drafted and was happily surprised when I realized my guy had all the qualities that are important to me. Hope your stay is a short one!

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
Welcome back, Ganesha! Here's to new beginnings! Hope your stay is short and sweet!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome back! I'm glad you've now found the man of your dreams. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long now!

Ganesha

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much ladies! I'm definitely hoping my stay here will be short and sweet, and wish the same to you all!

We looked at rings again over the weekend!! We went into Tiff's and Harry Winston just for style ideas (we've been talking about the possibility having a ring custom-made, by a PS vendor naturally :wink2: ). We also went into a lovely estate jewelry shop and saw some STUNNING vintage rings. And happily we tended to like the same things! So despite the fact that he wants to surprise me, I'm totally confident he'll choose something we both love.

Best of all, after an indulgent afternoon of trying on sparklies, we had a very deep, meaningful conversation about our hopes and expectations for the future. He's a wonderful guy, and I'm such a lucky girl! :love:

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Welcome back! It sounds like you have done a lot of growing since the last time your were here. Congrats on being ready to meet your wonderful bf and on this happy time.

Hope your stay is short and sweet!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results