shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing “Summer” my 2.78 vs2 I color ACA

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m getting very attached to Summer. She is so sparkly and gorgeous. I wanted to do a comparison for people that are considering what color would work for them. Summer is AGS 2.78 I color VS2..my studs are GIA 3.04 G color VS2...completely eye clean..
My intention before I received Summer was to go right up to G VS1..which is my sweet spot. Now that I have Summer for a while..I’m reconsidering upgrading the color...and the clarity also. I‘ve decided I’m going to make a trip to Whiteflash next year to compare Summer to the ACA’s in G color...Hopefully I can meet a PS’er if anyone lives near there! I would want a second opinion.Let me know what you think of the comparison in color.. I‘m sorry it’s a little blurry. It’s clear when it’s smaller but when it gets blown it looks blurry..xo

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
She really is unbelievably sparkly and gorgeous!! With a cut like that, I don't think I would care about the color difference. Truthfully, I cant really tell the difference on the video. :love:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must be color blind because I really do not see a real color difference between your diamonds. Of course, I just woke up and I’m on my phone. It’s so beautiful Mamabean! I love it and the cupcake setting is delish.
Visiting WF is a great idea to see a G in real life next to your I before you change it up. Enjoy your Summer Fling!! :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m getting very attached to Summer. She is so sparkly and gorgeous. I wanted to do a comparison for people that are considering what color would work for them. Summer is AGS 2.78 I color VS2..my studs are GIA 3.04 G color VS2...completely eye clean..
My intention before I received Summer was to go right up to G VS1..which is my sweet spot. Now that I have Summer for a while..I’m reconsidering upgrading the color...and the clarity also. I‘ve decided I’m going to make a trip to Whiteflash next year to compare Summer to the ACA’s in G color...Hopefully I can meet a PS’er if anyone lives near there! I would want a second opinion.Let me know what you think of the comparison in color.. I‘m sorry it’s a little blurry. It’s clear when it’s smaller but when it gets blown it looks blurry..xo

Oops..My studs are VS1 but that really doesn’t matter because I’m talking about color..but just sayin..haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks you @Fabulous50 and @Slick1 I agree..I’m going to put Summer next to Libby next. I am definitely going next year so I can see the G color next to her. He said he would come with me...Fun!!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock

Wow! I can’t tell a difference at all! Keep the videos and pictures coming! It just gets me more excited to receive mine in a few weeks!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I can’t tell a difference at all! Keep the videos and pictures coming! It just gets me more excited to receive mine in a few weeks!

@Mamajemmy The more I have her the more white she looks..I’ll take a video with Libby..She’s a G..and bigger than my studs..She’s 2.03 and my studs are a little over 1.5 each..There may be a difference because it’s a bit bigger. You’ll have to let me know what you think. I’m excited for you!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
@Mamajemmy The more I have her the more white she looks..I’ll take a video with Libby..She’s a G..and bigger than my studs..She’s 2.03 and my studs are a little over 1.5 each..There may be a difference because it’s a bit bigger. You’ll have to let me know what you think. I’m excited for you!

I can’t wait to see! There could be more of a difference in a larger stone. I’m hoping I don’t see much of a difference between my old H 1.8 and my new (better cut) I 2.38! The suspense!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamajemmy I do see a difference in the color when I put it side by side with my G. When it’s alone it looks very white face up. I can see a bit of warmth on the side..No one is going to wear two diamonds on their finger at the same time.I don’t think you will notice a difference between your H and the I...especially since the I is a super ideal. I think you will be very happy with your I..Let me know what you think..

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
@Mamajemmy I do see a difference in the color when I put it side by side with my G. When it’s alone it looks very white face up. I can see a bit of warmth on the side..No one is going to wear two diamonds on their finger at the same time.I don’t think you will notice a difference between your H and the I...especially since the I is a super ideal. I think you will be very happy with your I..Let me know what you think..

Gosh. It’s really close. The last move where you tilted them 3/4 of the way I could tell the most. Both are so beautiful!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh. It’s really close. The last move where you tilted them 3/4 of the way I could tell the most. Both are so beautiful!

It is really close...No one is going to be staring at your ring from the side...and...even if they do..by itself they’ll just see sparkle..

elizat

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful. Very classic and clean- and substantial!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
It is really close...No one is going to be staring at your ring from the side...and...even if they do..by itself they’ll just see sparkle..

When you see it from the side do you still love it?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you see it from the side do you still love it?

I do...I don’t see the color as much when I’m wearing it without it being next to the G. I wear it with bands that are F color and it goes well with them with no noticeable difference..even from the side...I think you will be VERY happy.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do see the color difference when side by side but both diamonds are beautiful in their own right.

Is your goal with the ACA to get to a G as well or will you just enjoy her as she is? You do have two stunning diamonds!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do see the color difference when side by side but both diamonds are beautiful in their own right.

Is your goal with the ACA to get to a G as well or will you just enjoy her as she is? You do have two stunning diamonds!

@MissGotRocks My husband wants me to have my sweet spot..G VS1...I am satisfied with the eye clean VS2...If he is willing next year I would be silly not to upgrade it to a G. If he doesn’t offer next year I will be VERY happy to keep Summer.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I’m in love with both Summer and Libby! I’m glad you can keep Libby.
I love both settings too! I was torn with my ER on a solitaire or tapered baguettes. I could not decide. Thankfully my fiancé decided and he picked the solitaire. I’m happy with his choice!

You also have me looking at the embrace for a wedding band. What’s the mm size on yours? My ER is much smaller than yours so I would want something smallish to not overpower my ER.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just beautiful!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, I think as PSer's, we are more adept at discerning the color differences. IMHO, IRL to the non-PSer, no one will be able to 'see' the color nuances of your I--it is a beautiful stone--it looks bright & absolutely perfect. I would wear your diamond, no problem! :lol:

I could detect a very slight warmth with the I on the side view only, but only because it was sitting next to your G. When seeing it alone in your other photos, I can't see the warmth. Also, your I is larger so perhaps another slight nuance that enhances the color difference as it sits side by side next to your G.

But if its a mind thing for you, it doesn't matter...you have to be happy!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, I think as PSer's, we are more adept at discerning the color differences. IMHO, IRL to the non-PSer, no one will be able to 'see' the color nuances of your I--it is a beautiful stone--it looks bright & absolutely perfect. I would wear your diamond, no problem! :lol:

I could detect a very slight warmth with the I on the side view only, but only because it was sitting next to your G. When seeing it alone in your other photos, I can't see the warmth. Also, your I is larger so perhaps another slight nuance that enhances the color difference as it sits side by side next to your G.

But if its a mind thing for you, it doesn't matter...you have to be happy!

Thank you @sarahb! I totally agree...When it’s alone it is so white. From the side it’s a barely noticeable warmth..It doesn’t look yellow but just not bright white...I’ll see what the hubby says next year..and decide then..I would be very happy to keep her.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a great comparison video of the G and the I. I do see the difference here but it’s not unpleasant at all. I wonder how different they would look comparatively outside in the sun. Hmm...another video maybe? :lol:
No matter what you and your DH decide next year, Summer is a beauty and so is Libby! #Blessed :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m in love with both Summer and Libby! I’m glad you can keep Libby.
I love both settings too! I was torn with my ER on a solitaire or tapered baguettes. I could not decide. Thankfully my fiancé decided and he picked the solitaire. I’m happy with his choice!

You also have me looking at the embrace for a wedding band. What’s the mm size on yours? My ER is much smaller than yours so I would want something smallish to not overpower my ER.

@diamondsR4eVR I looked through my papers and can’t find it..but I think they are .10 each..They are smaller than my .15..and bigger than the .05...It is 3mm wide..

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great comparison video of the G and the I. I do see the difference here but it’s not unpleasant at all. I wonder how different they would look comparatively outside in the sun. Hmm...another video maybe? :lol:
No matter what you and your DH decide next year, Summer is a beauty and so is Libby! #Blessed :)

Thanks @Slick1..My neighbors already think I'm nuts taking photos of my rings when I’m outside..Videos are going up a notch on crazy..:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I was looking up info for another PS’er and found my papers for my studs..They are vvs2..not vs1 or 2 which I keep writing..Evidently my memory is going...haha I wonder if that matters as far as how clear and sparkly they look..

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's a stunner! Enjoy her in good health.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

AK29

Shiny_Rock
I have been dragging my feet upgrading because I didn’t want to give up, Libby, my 2.03 mrb..My husband finally told me to keep it to start an upgrade to get me to this size but a vs1 G color. I was so surprised how white she is....It will be a while before I can upgrade the color...but in the meantime I’m going to love Summer for the time we have together...Her last name Fling! :lol:

Absolutely perfect! Gorgeous. I wouldnt even think about "upgrading" for color- Summer is perfect as she is! @Mamabean

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results