shape
carat
color
clarity

Intro: Sjay184

sjay184

Rough_Rock
Hello there!

Been dating my bf for 2.5 yrs now. He is 27 and I am 24. He is currently deployed...again...but will be back January. We have talked about marriage for quite some time and both feel we are ready to take the plunge. So upon his return we will do some serious engagement ring shopping (we have only looked casually together so far, and me more seriously via the internet -- I like to do my research. ;-) ). I am really excited about it!

Oh, I am loving this ring: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lKKURtE_PI. I initially thought I wanted a simple yet classic round solitaire, but have strangely been leaning more towards a vintage, blingy, unique look that can wow me every time I look at it. :)

Cheers!
Sjay

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohh! That ring is fantastic!!! I really regret not looking at ovals. Such a pretty shape on the finger, great coverage and good bang for the buck!!! The only reason I was deterred is because I know a girl who has one, and I really don't like her ring. I never knew why before I found PS, but now I see it's just in a horrible, schlocky, poorly-executed vintage-look setting with too much metal. It's very chunky and awkward looking and the stone is not set properly. But now I know it's not the poor oval's fault!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!! :wavey:

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
wow, that ring is just fabulous! I am also in the market for an oval - if you find a crummy one they're terrible, but if you find a gorgeous one (like the one in that video!) they are absolutely divine - a little unique but still timeless.
Congrats. you have lots of fun things to look forward to - your man coming home AND ring shopping!

sjay184

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the welcome and comments ladies! I agree, it is hard for Tacori not to look timeless. :D Oh I can't wait!! I am just peeved that the diamond prices have skyrocketed over the last year...makes me feel guilty. Ah well. :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results