shape
carat
color
clarity

Intro - lurker is giving in and calling herself a LIW

pesce

Rough_Rock
Hello! After lurking here for some time, and the very very occasional post, I'm going to go ahead and call it. I'm a LIW.
BF and I have been together for 18 months, and I'm in my late 30's, he's early 40's. This would be a second marriage for both of us, we're just happy to have found each other. We've spoken of marriage as a definite goal for each of us, and also as a goal for each other. He's asked me where I want to be married (at the time, I had no clue he was meaning us, duh...), but we have not talked in specifics about getting engaged or anything like that. I'm trying to be patient, logistics would be hard for both of us, but he is definitely the man of my dreams, so that makes waiting all the harder. I think he's getting some gentle pressure from his family, and I'm getting a little from mine, but I only allow myself to bring up the topic about every 4 months. Just to check in. You know how it is... :)
I feel very much like we should be discussing the ins and outs of the committment and future problems that might crop up, but he isn't quite there yet. We can communicate about everything but, so I'm not terribly worried. I adore his family, and we hang out a good bit. My parents think he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Of course, I obsess about the timeline, and not wanting the relationship to stagnate, but also allowing myself to chill and enjoy the relationship for what it is. (which is like two peas in a pod, really)

I wish there were more "older" ladies on this board, but your words of support and encouragement (and soothing) have been helpful thus far! I'm reticent to put myself "on the list" but look forward to hearing all the updates from you ladies!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! It sounds like you truly have found the perfect partner for you. Good luck, and hopefully your time on the list won't be very long! :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Pesce! I'm rather old myself, comparatively speaking (and some here would even call me "condescending"), so you get a big warm welcome from me. My husband-to-be and I are in our 30's. :naughty:

Edited.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Welome pesce!

I am no longer a LIW, I'm a BWW :appl:

And I am OLD. FI is even OLDER.

I was 40 when we got engaged last November (after 10 years of being together) and FI will be 49 when we get married this fall.
There are a few of us spinsters still roaming the boards! :lol:

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
Welcome- glad you finally took the plunge! Who cares about age, we're all united on the love of diamonds!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Welcome....Welcome... :wavey: :wavey:

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
Welcome!!!!!

It seems like you have a gem on your hands : ) Congratulations!

pesce

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the warm welcome, ladies! I'm enjoying catching up on all of your happenings, and trying to maintain that "cool cucumber" thing. Harder then it seems.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! The great thing about this board is age doesn't matter because we are all going through the same thing... waiting ;))

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
Welcome! Don't worry about age, it's really nothing but a number. I'm 25 and some of my closest and coolest friends are well over 30, like a fine wine they say, women get better with age. Hopefully your waiting period is a short and painless one ;-)

SweetPea-<3

Rough_Rock
Welcome! Congratulations for taking the lunge and for meeting the man of your dreams. Glad to have the 30s well-represented, as I know I'll be in good company soon (my 30th bday's in Nov).

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

You'll fit right in here don't worry :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results