shape
carat
color
clarity

intro, and opinions needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

les12

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone! I''m new here, and of course, I am a Lady in Waiting... which is sort of what this post is about. My boyfriend and I recently graduated, and he took a job in another state. So far this summer, we have fortunately been able to see eachother almost every weekend. We have been together for just over 7 years, and a few months ago we went into a local antique jewelry shop and found the perfect ring. I am thrilled, and I believe he already has the ring! In about 3 months, he will be moving back into the state, where he will be working on a project for a full year. We plan to marry after the project wraps up, and move back out of state where his job is. I am so excited about getting engaged, and I would love for it to happen soon, so that I can begin planning and have something to keep me occupied while he is away. However, he feels it would be a better idea to wait until he is almost back in the state so that we can be near each other while engaged. I completely understand his reasoning, but I am just so anxious! I know that he will pick the best time and I just can''t wait!!

So, I guess I don''t really need advice, but I would love to know what you would prefer if you were in my situation. Thanks so much, I look forward to hearing everyones opinions!

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Welcome
35.gif

If this was my situation i would probably want to wait until we were in the same state to so that we could enjoy the engagement period together. 1 more year isn''t all that long and in that time you can concentrate on your goals and just enjoy the last year being a Gf and Liw
1.gif

les12

Shiny_Rock
Hi Magpie, thanks for the reply! I think I''ll have to agree with you and be patient and wait the 3 months for him to pop the question. I''ve waited 7 years, three more months won''t kill me
1.gif

katomm

Shiny_Rock
Welcome!!! Since I just want to be engaged period I wouldn''t want to wait. I''m also a big time planner so the earlier the better for me. I''m sure whenever he does it will be the perfect time.

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!
35.gif

Personally I would rather be engaged sooner, but other than casually mentioning your preference if he asks you, I would probably leave it up to him at this stage. You can still get ideas together without being officially engaged, if you want fun things to keep you busy while he''s away!

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/18/2009 11:57:41 PM
Author: les12
Hi Magpie, thanks for the reply! I think I''ll have to agree with you and be patient and wait the 3 months for him to pop the question. I''ve waited 7 years, three more months won''t kill me
1.gif
Oops sorry must have read it wrong. Well three months isn''t that long...just enough time to get a mani and make some engagement chicken
31.gif
. I''m sure the time will fly for you.

les12

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all of the input!! I may be jinxing it, but I have this feeling that it mayyy happen this weekend! He is coming in town and we have plans saturday to spend time with all of our friends. I''ve always said I''d love to hang out with everyone and celebrate after he proposes. He knows I''m starting to get anxious, so I think he may be trying to make me think he is waiting, but will surprise me this weekend! Don''t worry-- I''m not getting my hopes too high, but it would be fantastic if it happened! Thanks again for replying, and wish me luck!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats and welcome!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to say welcome
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results