shape
carat
color
clarity

Internet: Purchasing your engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EEL

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m reading up on www.diamondcuttersintl.com and I''m very skeptical about buying engagement rings off the internet now. I''m wondering how many of you have purchased your rings through the internet?

Did they offer any lifetime warranties and services?

I''m looking through the website www.diamond.com has anyone ever purchased anything through them? or www.bluenile.com?

Do you guys think purchasing through the jewelr is a wiser choice?? Any advice??

Thanks so much
33.gif
'');" alt="Insert smilie
33.gif
" src="http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/33.gif" align="absMiddle border=0"> Confused

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
A great many of the people here will quickly jump to defend the internet vendor''s virtue... it is a pet market, for us Pricescopers. :)

While there are benefits to purchasing from a reputable, independent B&M, I believe most of the people here have/prefer to purchase their jewels online.

I would have no problems purchasing online. There are too many satisfied customers and safety procedures in place for me to feel weird about it. Plus, I''m a technology generation child, so to me, it''s weird to actually have to walk into somewhere to buy something or pay a bill. ;-) I believe internet shopping is just as safe, usually cheaper, and you often get better service. And you don''t even have to get dressed!
9.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I've reviewed my experience shopping here, and can recommend internet shopping; I went with option #1 when it was available to me; going physically to a local internet provider, but that option is not always available to you, and as a function of optimizing, I would seriously consider purely going to an internet vendor.

Re the web site you mention, and it's author, Fred Cueller, much has been written about him here; you may want to read for yourself, doing a search in the forum archive.

Good shopping!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased my diamond online to be set in an engagement ring setting I already owned. Absolutely no problems. Most of the vendors offer a reasonable return period and some sort of trade up policy. As far as warranties go, I don ''t think that theirs are any better or worse than you''d find in a B and M store. I have purchased a few pieces of jewelry from a small mom-and-pop B&M jeweler. I find them much more willing to stand behind their work and materials. My advice to you if you decide not to purchase online is to deal with an independent jeweler rather than a jewelry store chain.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results