shape
carat
color
clarity

International Jewelry Show on the Queen Mary Long Beach CA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just got back.
I was dissapointed
Great big yawn.
Maybe these shows are for the Jewelry-TV crowd.

It was a small room.
Only one aisle had nicer new real stuff.
One piece had a GIA report and they bragged about it with a sign.
20.gif

Only one vendor had nicer vintage real stuff - 90% of which was under $500.

Lots of cheap new Chinese "real" stuff.
Lots of beads etc.

YAWN-O-RAMA!

I guess I'm a snob.
38.gif

I hear the show in Santa Monica California is much better.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats a shame Kenny, did you have anything in mind to buy?
3.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I went to it as well. I have been to the Intergem show in Santa Monica, and it is much bigger with a greater variety of vendors. This was the first one they''ve done on the Queen Mary, and I have the feeling it was a test run to see what kind of interest they''d get. I did find one custom jeweler that I like, and bought something from him, but I agree that for the most part it was a limited selection ESPECIALLY with loose gemstones. I do hope they do it again there, and that it''s bigger and better the next time.

I realized after leaving the show that another gem and mineral show was going on at the Long Beach Hyatt, but I didn''t go. Different company put that one on.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 3:14:13 PM
Author: Selkie
I went to it as well. I have been to the Intergem show in Santa Monica, and it is much bigger with a greater variety of vendors. This was the first one they''ve done on the Queen Mary, and I have the feeling it was a test run to see what kind of interest they''d get. I did find one custom jeweler that I like, and bought something from him, but I agree that for the most part it was a limited selection ESPECIALLY with loose gemstones. I do hope they do it again there, and that it''s bigger and better the next time.

I realized after leaving the show that another gem and mineral show was going on at the Long Beach Hyatt, but I didn''t go. Different company put that one on.

And what did you buy missy!?! Inquiring minds want to know. Wish you lived on this coast...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results