shape
carat
color
clarity

International Gem & Jewelry Show (Southern California)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are two SoCal shows coming up, one the weekend of Feb. 23 (in Pomona) and one the weekend of Mar. 30 (in Santa Monica). Here's the full list of dates.

Anyone planning to go?

I've never been before, so I'm thinking about it. I'm in the market for a diamond & sapphire band so I'm thinking that might be a good place to score one.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Musey, I think I may go to the Santa Monica, one! Thanks for reminding me!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I think I will go to the Pomona one...but if something comes up that weekend I will go to SM.

RZ

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Are these shows worth going to? Any of our favorite vendors show up or is it all international vendors? Has anyone been to one of these before?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmm...I''m interested to see what folks that have been to it have to say. Maybe I''ll go to the SM one.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd be up for the santa monica one if you guys wanted to get together for lunch or something one of the days!
36.gif

EDIT: I just realized that I will be at a conference in NYC friday and saturday, but I can still make sunday in Santa Monica. It could be a lot of fun. Anyone know how the quality it is?? I'm wondering if the gems are a bunch of factory cut junk or if there is some nice stuff.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I went to a couple of those before because our jeweler has a booth in the show. I feel like you really have to know your stuffs and pricing to buy fine jewelry there. There are also beads and fashion jewelry. I think it''s fun to look at all the jewelry, but I don''t really know enough to buy things there. I did order my diamond hoops there from my jeweler though since she does the show a lot and not at her shop as much.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea how good quality the stuff would be (I''m still learning myself) but I think it would be fun...especially since Santa Monica is only 2 miles from where I live =)

Let''s see what everyone is up to a little closer to the date.

RZ

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I went to the one in Pomona this weekend...my boyfriend and I picked up my anniversary gift (posted in SMTR: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-eternity-band-anniversary-gift.58540/ )

I would say that there is a HUGE range in quality. Everything from pearls for $2/strand and el cheapo stuff to some really nice colored stones. It was certainly really fun, but I don''t know if I''m up for the Santa Monica one again so soon...but maybe if some other PSers are going we can meet up?

RZ =)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results