shape
carat
color
clarity

Interfaith Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
FI and I are going to be married by a family friend who is a judge since FI is Catholic and I''m Jewish. We thought about having a priest and a rabbi, but we were having a hard time finding a rabbi to work with the priest and the only ones who would were very out of our price range. I like the idea that we can include as much or as little religion as we want too since neither FI nor I are really very religious.

As far as I know, our judge has never performed a marriage before, but my dad says she''s one of the best public speakers he''s ever heard. I started worrying that I was going to have to come up with whole ceremony and I really had no idea what I wanted it to say. Today I was searching online and found something that''s almost perfect! There are a few things I want to change with the wording and some things I want to take out entirely, but I think I have an awesome start to our ceremony! http://www.interfaithfamily.com/site/apps/nl/content2.asp?c=ekLSK5MLIrG&b=2192989&ct=323727

I definitely need to add a "You may now kiss the bride" in there though.

I thought this might help some other brides to be as well.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, we had a Universal Life Minister do our ceremony, and she even had some potential scripts to work from. Still didn''t stop me from customizing the one I chose too.
5.gif
36.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie....I love this service!! We also had a interfaith ceremony who was officiated by a Reverend. We were so worried about stepping on anyone''s religious toes that we kept it sweet, simple and to the point. Our ceremony was about 15 minutes!!!

This ceremony looks like it will be beautiful. Congrats to you!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My DH and I are different religions as well so I can really relate. I think everyone was kind of wondering what we would do and they were all surprised how nice it was. I guess it was because our ceremony was really about us, love, commitment. We had no religion involved at all. My friend read a poem and my sister sang a song. It was beautiful (I am obviously bias). We also has a family friend who is a lawyer (he got a court commission for the weekend) and he did a fantastic job. It was nice since he has known me for over 15 years.

In the end I think it is fantastic to be really involved with the ceremony. The internet is a great tool. I basically spliced together 3 different ceremonies to make ours.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
one of the most beautiful ceremonies i''ve been to was an interfaith,
similar to what you have posted- i love the part about "blending traditions"

you''ll have a beautiful ceremony-

p.s. don''t you wonder how anyone planned a wedding without the internet?! so much great info out here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results