shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting time at the wedding fayre

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
My beloved FI and I went to a wedding fayre at our reception venue yesterday which was all very lovely. We met some really nice vendors and got some hopeful contacts and all in all the day went really well - until I met and spoke with the one wedding dress supplier there. I wouldn''t be going to her anyway as her prices start at the equivalent of $5500, but I was polite and when she approached me for a chat I went with it. After a little while she asked me where my bloke was and I called him over. Her reaction was priceless, she looked at him open mouthed and said ''oh, he is absolutely gorgeous, you certainly did very well there!'' Now to put this into context, I am 41, ''chunky'' and short, he is 31, 6'' 4, dark hair, blue eyes, athlete and yes absolutely stunning - but I really didn''t need reminding of the fact so pointedly. It felt like she was saying '' how did you manage to get him?'' Definitely not a way to secure a sale then.

It is strange because I kind of don''t see it so much because I live with him, but I see women looking at him all the time and flirting with him, and some friends get a bit silly around him, one girl that we met once is apparently devastated that we are getting married. It has never bothered me before because I feel so secure in our relationship and I know he loves me to death (goodness knows why), but she really rattled me, wondering if that is what other people think.

Gwyn

Brilliant_Rock
As a salesperson, I doubt she would have done anything to intentionally insult you. I am sure that was just part of her style, saying how gorgeous your man is. Which is not to say that your man is not stunning, I just think she was probably trying to give you a compliment. Kind of like when you go to a clothing store and try things on, the salespeople there (even ones not on commission) are always saying "oh thats a great color for you" things like that.

She was probably just trying to establish a positive relationship with you so you would buy from her, I wouldn''t take it too much to heart.

AND if she was putting you down someway then screw her. And the same to anyone else who would think that way.

Im fairly petite and attractive and my FH is tall and a little geeky looking (which I love) and I have gotten comments from people that I could get better and i know that they are crazy. Anyone who really knew us would know that I was the lucky one in the relationship for landing him, not the other way around. And I am betting your finace knows this too or he wouldnt be marrying you.

People that think like that, and especially those that voice that opinion, are just insecure and petty and you shouldnt let it bother you.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
thanks for putting that into better perspective Gywn.

It is funny that is have never really worried me before, but now we are getting married I get all sensitive! I am trying to balance being 43 at the time of the wedding with doing a proper job for my fiance who has never been married before. I should have just said yes he is isn''t he and left it at that

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results