shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting class ring ideas needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Hello,

I will finally be graduating college in March (only 4 years behind!) and would like to buy myself a RHR to serve as my "class ring". I''m looking for something with a few diamonds and champagne/brown or red/burgandy colored stones, and hopefully for less than $300. I don''t really know what style I''m after, so I''d love to see what you guys can come up with to help me find what direction I want to go in.

Thanks so much!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Re class rings per se...Jostens (and maybe one or two others) come on campus and do a real show. When I later in life went to graduate school, I did want one of these, too, and got one, though now rarely wear it. I personally went for one of their very basic models (they had to dig it out)...but...as a class ring per se...I think I''d go with one of these jobbies that specialize in them...if the intent is to have it recognized by anyone else as a class ring, anyway.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I don''t want one of the traditional type class rings, I also have one from high school I never wear. I was thinking of a regular ring I would just call my "class ring". My sister did this for her high school ring, she got a nice 3 stone ruby ring. Then you can wear it the rest of your life and not look like you''re trying to re-live your younger years. I figure I would spend about $300 on one of those Jostens ones, but I would get more wear of a "real" ring.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
You should really go to the Jostens or Art Carved websites and look at what they are offering these days. They have some really cute stuff for women that don''t look at all like your typical class ring.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
How about smokey quartz like this
rcc207294_b_l.jpg

or this
rcc366959_b_l.jpg

or a garnet
rcc654279_b_l.jpg

kristy_lyn

Shiny_Rock
For what its worth...A friend of mine got a "non-traditional" class ring for h.s. - 11 years later, she still wears hers, and mine (from artcarved) is long lost! :)

Hers was, citrine and amethyst - two trillion cuts that sort of bypassed each other...

For my college "class ring" - I got a lab created emerald with tiny diamonds on each side. *Much* happier I got that (even through it''s lab created) over a artcarved/jostens ring.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
I understand what you''re looking to achieve now. A special ring to commemorate this big milestone in your life!!

Our kids went thru ordering School rings a few years back. In my day, gals didn''t have any choices. Our rings looked like a smaller version of the guys'' rings. When our daughters went to order, they had so many more choices available. So many styles were available for the girls to choose from. Yet, they could still get the year, or the school logo, or whatever was of interest to them.

But what''s important to younger people isn''t important to more mature individuals. I completely understand you wanting a beautiful, elegant ring to celebrate your Graduation.

Many Congrats, BTW!!
36.gif

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Just a couple more ideas:

This might not be dark enough for you (too yellow?).

If you are interested in something stackable:

I know what you mean with the yellow gold --- I was looking for a garnet pendant this Christmas and 90% of it was yellow gold. Good luck and congrats on graduating!!!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Finding Neverland, yeah, I just want a piece of jewelry to acknowledge all of the hard work I''ve done. The school I''m graduating from is internet based, so I''ve never even seen the campus, and I have no idea what the school colors are or anything like that.

Mimikins24, the citrine is a little too much, but I LOVE that first ruby band, and the champagne diamond band would be perfect also. Thanks!

I found this one at Fred Meyer, I remember someone buying it a year ago or so, and thoughts on it?
http://store.fredmeyerjewelers.com/escalate/store/DetailPage/pls/fredmeyerjewelers/bc/fredmeyerjewelers/pc/1087824/clist/014b8032df31:014b8032df4d:014b8032df7b:014b8032e00d:01548032ed24:01548032ed24/ret/3-7-17-39-89/pls5catname/3-7-17-39-89

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I know you said you don''t really want yellow gold, but I had to show you this.
In garnet:
http://www.helzberg.com/hdsim/jsp/catalog.do?product_id=1614523&channelId=-11608&programId=53132

In citrine:
http://www.helzberg.com/hdsim/jsp/catalog.do?product_id=1614729&channelId=-11612&programId=53079

I have this same ring with a lab created sapphire in white gold. I got it for my birthday, and I love it. The checkerboard cut makes the light return really cool. If you have a Helzberg near you, they have it for every birth stone, so you could go take a look for yourself.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I saw one just like that on ebay somewhere in white gold. I''ll have to go check them out in person, and may look it up on ebay again. I like the checkerboard cuts also, and I would love to get a cushion shape.

Thanks!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I saw this one on overstock.com and thought it looked interesting.
P10387564.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mustangal, congrats on your upcoming graduation!
36.gif
I just wanted to stop in and vote for the halo''d ruby ring you posted from Mondera--I think it''s lovely!
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you want a stone for sure, or what about stacking rings in etched gold, you could then add a small eternity type band with colored stones?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
That overstock one looks interesting, but maybe a bit too modern? I had thought about stacking bands, but my fingers are a little short, so I can''t really stack more than 2 or maybe 3. I''ve tried the look, but somehow it just isn''t "me". I think this weekend I''ll go out and try a bunch of stuff on at the maul to get a better idea of what I want.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you like it! I ordered something from overstock a few years ago (a ring) but I ended up returning it. It took them a REALLY long time to refund my credit card...and they also deleted my negative review.

But I know a lot of people who have bought nice non-jewelry items, sheets and stuff from them.

Let us know how it comes out!

RZ

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results