shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting article about Graff in today's NY Times

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Bijou, for putting that up. Fascinating. Graff is to me the definition of magnificent jewelry -- did not realize Laurence grew up in those circumstances, amazing guy. I've wondered often about his financing too -- where he gets the funds to make the huge buys he does. Wonder if his son has anywhere near his talent & interest in the business -- guess we'll see someday.

Whenever I walked by Graff's store in Knightsbridge I spent forever with my nose pressed against the display windows. Never had the courage to walk inside.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this story.this is one store Ive never been in but love to look at his baubles online.i was hoping to get the 60million dollar piece for fathers day but to my disappointment its hasn't arrived at my door.but the day is young and im full of hope that it might still get here!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
They're building a massive new store in New Bond Street - took back the lovely old-fashioned shop Bentley & Skinner had.

I'll probably pop in once it opens.

I used to go into the old one every now and then. Took my brother when we were looking at e-ring styles to have a look at what they had. For a 1ct classic Harry Winston style rb with tapered baguettes in platinum, they were considerably cheaper than Cartier and also cheaper than HW and Tiffany - same stats on all the rings.

The only thing I didn't like was the yellow walls as it makes all the diamonds look yellowish!

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't go into these places - after all you might win the lottery next week! I've also found that the SA's are often quite bored as not many people do go in. Obviously Saturday afternoons are not the best choice for window shopping in these places as they tend to have more 'buying' customers.

It makes a difference to me how they treat you when it's obvious you're not in the market for anything at that moment. De Beers have let me try on £1 million necklaces and stacks of their HUGE rings just for fun which puts them up in my estimation over others in the same street who are rather cold.

Mikimoto also got points - I took a strand of vintage Miki's in to have them re-strung so spending a whopping £20 GBP. They were lovely and even went to the trouble of dating them for me and giving me an approx. retail replacement value so I could put it on my insurance.

Graff has a fascinating background and is incredibly creative - he designs a lot of the pieces himself.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Graff sells 1-ct diamonds?
Are they used for melee or surprise diamonds ?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1308531219|2949787 said:
Are they used for melee?
:shock:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Graff has a fascinating background and is incredibly creative - he designs a lot of the pieces himself.
Didn't realize that, Pandora, but it doesn't surprise me.

My avatar is a Graff brooch I'm waiting for Santa to deliver.

When you go into the new store -- PLEASE tell us all about it. ALL about it! :lickout:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1308531219|2949787 said:
Are they used for melee or surprise diamonds ?

HA!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Centre stones - they have pieces for all budgets. They even go smaller than that.

The only coloured stones they do are sapphires, rubies and emeralds. The SA I was talking to is crazy about tsavorites and was hoping that he might one day branch out into some of the rarer coloured stones.

Don't worry I will be in there for sure for a look see! I was loitering outside oggling the windows on Saturday pm.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results