shape
carat
color
clarity

Insuring old pieces that could never be replicated

Susan7639

Rough_Rock
I am going back and forth on insuring jewelry. I have two very old rings that I can not imagine could ever be replicated, so how does insurance work on items like these and is there a company to work with on older pieces? The ring on the left has a "V" on one side and a "Z"
on the other so I like to think it was made for someone named Zelda :) :angel:

img_10525.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings! :love: Almost anything can technically be replicated, but you'd need very excellent, macro pictures saved if you really wanted to replicate them. I do not insure everything I have of value, though. You kind of have to weigh the cost of insurance and the amount of risk you are willing to take. Is it an item you'd even want to replace? Like if something was a family heirloom and would no longer have meaning if replicated, then I might not insure (unless it had diamonds of significant value). But if it was a valuable piece that I'd want to replace, I might insure. Rarely worn pieces can be kept in a safe or safe deposit box for extra safety. I insure my most worn pieces which are my e-ring and diamond studs. I figure they are most likely to be lost or damaged and they would definitely need to be replaced. Other pieces I have I might not replace just because I just rarely wear them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results