shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SERBskywalker23

Rough_Rock
So I got the ring a few days ago and now I need to get insurance for it. Any ideas where I should start looking and what would the cost be. It is a Radiant cut 1.02 carat D color grade VS1 carilty grade, and it is apprasied at just under $9000...any help would be helpful
9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Insure it at it's appraised value, I have my stuff insured to 6K (both of my rings) and I pay under 100, I think it's 88 actually, a year. I went through Chubb because of several recommendations on DT, here and through friends and my jeweler. It pretty much covers everything and you have an option to cash out instead of having them replace it. That gives you the opportunity to upgrade if you want.

chubb.com should have a way to find an agent near you.

Be sure you have your jeweler (if you haven't had this done already) give you photos of your ring, closeups especially, and of the diamond (can be in the setting) and have your certifications for your diamond. Make photocopies of the pictures and any identifiers (the GIA report that names you as the owner) and the number to your insurance company and policy number when you travel. In case of theft or loss or damage you might need those to identify your property or file a claim.

solange

Brilliant_Rock
This is very strange. I wantd to switch my jewely insurance to Chubb. We now have our insurance with Liberty Mutual and they try to replace with a comparable whereas Chubb pays straight out.

We are paying $359 for $31,000 worth of insurance with Liberty Mutual. I called our agent who writes for Chubb and I also called another agent recommended by Chubb.They said since I did not buy from Blue Nile, I had to go through an agent. Both agents quoted me $750 for the same amount of insurance.

I do not understand how you got such a great rate Perhaps it is because I live in Manhattan. I would prefer the Chubb plicy but it would cost over twice as much per year.It sounds like you got a really great deal on a terrific policy.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Cost is based on your locality.

Yes, Solange, you will pay a premium in larger cities such as NYC. But, you may want to get another quote.

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
I have Chubb and it's $18.9/$1K insured. I'm in the Bay area (CA).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results