shape
carat
color
clarity

Instant pot recipes

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
just got an instant pot and looking for ideas. Tonight I did a pork loin in apple cider with sweet onion, carrot and peppers. I put sea salt, pepper and all spice on the loin. Cooked for 35 min. Served with TJ brown rice. It’s sooo sweet and yummy! Honestly I have barely cooked the last few years since empty nest syndrome so it’s kinda nice to come home to dinner made. Give me your ideas?

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I use my instant pot all the time! Too many recipies to list! Facebook has several great groups for instant pot recipies!
My favorite uses are for cooking frozen chicken I forget to defrost and of course the instant pot cheesecake.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got mine for Christmas and I had to buy a book on the 411 of use. The book was worth it's weight in gold. Do you feel like you have it down yet?:mrgreen2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just watching insta pot you tube videos today. I am thinking that I don't really need one though. I have a pressure cooker (that I never use) and I don't cook rice or have any desire to make yogurt. What would you make in it?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not knowing what an instant pot was I initially took that as referring to a different kind of pot :twisted2: Whoops!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FB has tons of recipes in several open groups. I know several people who use it on daily basis to make everything, including hard boiled eggs.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From reading the title I thought you meant marijuana...:silenced:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I think it would depend on what you want to cook. I converted a lot of my own recipes. but there's some others on the instantpot website

https://recipes.instantpot.com/

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got one too for Christmas. I love it! Beef stew tonight was so tender. Sooooo much better than a slow cooker. My husband can't believe how excited I am about it, lol!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The real benefit for cooking with the pot for me is being able to walk away.

When I cook I have to watch the pot/pan/skillet .
The instant pot i can put the food in and walk away to take care of other things.

Say i want to cook some frozen chicken , I take it from the freezer, add a cup of water to the pot put it on the stand ( it holds the meat over the water so you are not boiling the meat) push the pressure button to run for 30 minutes and walk away. When i come back in 45 minutes or an hour( it beeps when it is done ) I take the lid off and verify the meat reached the internal temp for safety .
I have never had it not work and the chicken wonderful safely cooked and falling apart.
It is same for frozen beef , eggs, ect
You put it in and can walk away while the pot brings the food to temp and cooks it then it shuts off and the pressure is released to stop cooking

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the great ideas!

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Stew is great, chicken or beef with potatoes etc. Lots on google. Soups are also amazing, I made a lovely tomato-based chicken soup with tons of veggies. Curry is also awesome if you like it.

I also use mine as a steamer (I fill it with some water and then put a ceramic/glass bowl in that water) so I steam broccoli, fish, basically anything. I love walking away and leaving it to do its work. I use mine daily.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
verify the meat reached the internal temp for safety .
If it hasn’t reached the correct temperature do you finish it off on the stove or in the oven?
I’ve had mine a year and think it is OK. I don’t feel the love others do so I’ll be following this thread hoping to discover more uses.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It has never not reached temperature.

If one day it didnt- i would simply put it back in for a few more minutes.

I check temp on all my meats - even ones cooked in a stove or oven before serving. I dont have any concerns that the pot doesnt get hot enough. I am simply verifying that the center of the meat reached the correct temp.

If it hasn’t reached the correct temperature do you finish it off on the stove or in the oven?
I’ve had mine a year and think it is OK. I don’t feel the love others do so I’ll be following this thread hoping to discover more uses.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m afraid of mine. It’s still in the box. :eek2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did frozen chicken in 40 minutes. Perfect!

P

PierreBear

I tried my instapot for the first time this past weekend. Just went simple and made some sweet potatoes. Didn't fall in love with it and though the microwave was less of a hassle?! Can someone share a recipe that they did to make you completely fall in love with the instapot? Thanks in advance!

jadesilver

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I tried my instapot for the first time this past weekend. Just went simple and made some sweet potatoes. Didn't fall in love with it and though the microwave was less of a hassle?! Can someone share a recipe that they did to make you completely fall in love with the instapot? Thanks in advance!

http://www.theslowcookinghousewife.com/instant-pot-chicken-stew/ I usually do something like this. Chicken drumsticks, potatoes, carrots, maybe some canned tomatoes, long beans, chicken stock, press cook. Super easy and delicious.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Not knowing what an instant pot was I initially took that as referring to a different kind of pot :twisted2: Whoops!
So funny... couldn't have said it better!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results