shape
carat
color
clarity

INSTAGRAM recommendations!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am starting to think I need two IG accounts...one for friends and one for diamonds. I follow so many sparkly accounts I hardly see my friends anymore! :lol:

haha I did not share my IG with most of my friends. Only my PS friends because my non PS friends would think I have gone crazy with all the bling I share there hahaha. A few non PS friends do have my IG handle but most of them nope. LOL. I mean all my friends here and non PS friends know I am crazy about animals and like bling. But most of my real life friends do not realize how cuckoo I am about bling. Some things you just dont need to share with people who just would not get it yanno?

September_Blue

Rough_Rock
Premium
I love these suggestions!
@christiesjewels @sandwichthedoodle @getstacked_jewelry @jewelgram @phantomjewels @jewelsbygrace @daisydeutschlanddoodle

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
haha I did not share my IG with most of my friends. Only my PS friends because my non PS friends would think I have gone crazy with all the bling I share there hahaha. A few non PS friends do have my IG handle but most of them nope. LOL. I mean all my friends here and non PS friends know I am crazy about animals and like bling. But most of my real life friends do not realize how cuckoo I am about bling. Some things you just dont need to share with people who just would not get it yanno?

you are smart! I get what you mean...If i started doing jewel posts my real life friends would thing I had completely lost it!
Definitely one of the reasons I am so glad for this space and the ability to connect here and on other platforms with everybody....y'all are my people! Nobody else gets it!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's also why I keep two separate accounts. Not everyone has the same financial ability to be around luxury material goods, so I don't really like forcing those things down my friends' throats. I also find it nice to avoid jewelry altogether, and not sign into my jewelry account once in a while.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
you are smart! I get what you mean...If i started doing jewel posts my real life friends would thing I had completely lost it!
Definitely one of the reasons I am so glad for this space and the ability to connect here and on other platforms with everybody....y'all are my people! Nobody else gets it!

Exactly.

borntoweardiamonds.gif
1090472-shine-bright-like-a-diamond-quote-1.jpg

It's also why I keep two separate accounts. Not everyone has the same financial ability to be around luxury material goods, so I don't really like forcing those things down my friends' throats. I also find it nice to avoid jewelry altogether, and not sign into my jewelry account once in a while.

yes definitely!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
My instagram is mostly landscape pics, and the only jewelry designer i follow is alexiskletjian who is local to me. I've never bought from her, but I like to be supportive of local business.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
theoneilovenyc
themoonstoned
colonialdame
_butterlaneantiques
dealbetweenusjewellery
franziska_vintage_jewels
thirtythree.jewellery
fetheray.jewels

For cats:
primuscat
rojiman

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@filigreejewelers, tons of old cuts, lots of bling ****
Now, I'm off to search for the hot guys with cats:kiss2:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewelsadorning (mine :shifty:)
The lady Lucan
Erica Winters
Omniprive
Jessica McCormack Diamonds
Black Opal Direct

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I am too lazy to make an Instagram account and add all these. Wish there was a feed I could just plug into. Lol

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question for the instagram-savvy.... I know the app was intended for original content but I see a lot of compilation feeds. And I thought you were supposed to ask permission to repost anyone else's grams. Doesn't seem like that is what people do in actuality.

So is it generally accepted to repost content as long as it is credited/linked (and maybe from a company not an individual?). I'd like to start a feed compiling my favorite jewelry pieces but don't know the etiquette.

Guess I could do Pinterest but I find that app hard to wade through :x2

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question for the instagram-savvy.... I know the app was intended for original content but I see a lot of compilation feeds. And I thought you were supposed to ask permission to repost anyone else's grams. Doesn't seem like that is what people do in actuality.

So is it generally accepted to repost content as long as it is credited/linked (and maybe from a company not an individual?). I'd like to start a feed compiling my favorite jewelry pieces but don't know the etiquette.

Guess I could do Pinterest but I find that app hard to wade through :x2

I think reposting content from someone’s public account, with full credit, is acceptable. If you want to be on the safe side, ask first. Retailers and dealers don’t generally mind if you’re posting how much you love something.

Aleahim

Rough_Rock
Curious if anyone here has purchased from a seller on Instagram?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock

Yes, a vintage plat band. But seller also has an Etsy shop, so I felt pretty comfortable. Some offer better prices on IG, and give first dibs on IG before listing items in their online shops.
I pd through PayPal, went smooth.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes I have purchased from Addy's Vintage located in the UK. She also has a store on Etsy. A lovely seller with beautiful pieces and very fair prices. I highly recommend her.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another IG recommendation from me: @crookedkittycrochet...our very own **member name removed at their request** makes the most delicious kitty beds. Really beautiful. Check it out and get ready to drool. That girl has mad skillz.

https://www.instagram.com/crookedkittycrochet/

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 6.21.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 6.22.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 6.23.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 6.24.41 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, a vintage plat band. But seller also has an Etsy shop, so I felt pretty comfortable. Some offer better prices on IG, and give first dibs on IG before listing items in their online shops.
I pd through PayPal, went smooth.

Same here - bought from IG sellers who also have Etsy shops and paid through PayPal.

I was also wondering- since we buyers have preferred IG sellers, do sellers have preferred buyers? I ask because I’ve asked three different IG sellers (one mentioned here on PS) for prices and info and have just been completely ignored. I still visit their feeds and see the items in question remain unsold, so what gives...? I’ve tried DM as well as commenting on posts, and nothing. I don’t haggle or ask a million questions, either. :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results