shape
carat
color
clarity

Instacart strike tomorrow

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They want hazard pay and more protection.

I don't blame them.

They want:
Hand santiizers
Disinfectants
Hazard pay of $5 per order
An expansion to the current sick pay policy

I, for one, greatly appreciate the instacart people and all the people delivering food, manning the cashiers, working in the supermarket, stocking shelves, anyone on the front lines, first responders, nurses, police, firemen and firewomen, EMTs, physicians etc. The list goes on and on.

So many people being helped by food delivery services and not sure what is going to happen if they cannot get them anymore.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have not used Instacart since Covid 19 started here but before that when my dh was recovering from TKR surgery we used them and they were amazing. And I showed my appreciation in big tips. Of course that was before Covid 19 and now I would tip even more. However it has been near impossible to get food delivery in my area since the pandemic so we haven't had any but for Chewy deliveries and Amazon regular deliveries albeit all delayed.

IDK the solution because yes all the delivery people are putting themselves at great risk if they do not have proper protection. Oh wait I do know the solution. PLEASE let's get all the supplies we need to protect all those on the front lines! That is what we must have for everyone helping others!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazon workers at warehouse on Staten Island NY are walking out today because of the company's lack of safety protocols.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got an email from Instacart last night that looked like a PR scramble to outline all the ways they’re protecting workers. They do need to provide protective gear. I have a pre-existing condition that puts me at risk and am relying on grocery delivery so I hope the company does the right thing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got an email from Instacart last night that looked like a PR scramble to outline all the ways they’re protecting workers. They do need to provide protective gear. I have a pre-existing condition that puts me at risk and am relying on grocery delivery so I hope the company does the right thing!

I wholeheartedly agree and same here. My entire family has preexisting conditions that put us at greater risk. My mom has too any AI diseases to count and as a result her immune system is not functioning. In her doctor's words she has no immune system at all. My sister and dad have severe asthma. My dad also has HTN and autoimmune thyroid disease. My DH and I have asthma. I have a few AI conditions as well. And the list goes on. I am aware many of us are in a similar boat to be sure.

To that end I completely support protecting workers to the max extent.
It is for their and everyone's benefit.
Being proactive is critical.

We are dealing with challenging times. Keeping good thoughts for everyone.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope Instacart does right by their workers.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope Instacart does right by their workers.

Me too. Some companies have been increasing hourly wages for their workers during this pandemic and that is a move in the right direction for sure. I hope all of them follow suit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results