shape
carat
color
clarity

Inspire me - shoes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies! Can you help me find glamorous wedding shoes?
31.gif

Here is the dress on the runway: runway pic and here it is on a real bride: real bride pic

I am thinking about 3 1/2 inch heel (FI is 8 inches taller than me!) and a shoe rather than a sandal. Peep toes or something like the Manolo Sedarby are fine though, just nothing strappy. I am planning for rain! The dress is ivory, the wedding colours navy/aubergine with fuchsia pink accents. I am good with either ivory or coloured shoes. I don''t want metallics.

I''d really like the shoes to complement the dress and I haven''t seen anything in my searches so far that''s been quite right...

Vendor doesn''t necessarily need to ship overseas, I can work something out there. Shoe size is somewhere between a US 8 and a 9 (I''m a reliable UK 6 / EU 39 but I can never seem to find a consistent fit in shoes in the States). Budget is keep it under $150 if we can but for something special I could be persuaded to splurge...
2.gif

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
i think navy shoes would be gorgeous!

love these

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Delster can I just say I ADORE that real life pic???? Totally makes me "get" the dress much more. The train is to die for!

I vote aubergine shoes :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
No idea about heels for you, m''luv, but just wanted to say again that your dress is an absolute dream...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i love these: kates in ivory. they also come in african violet satin (here) but i'm not sure if that color would go with your colors.

do you have a price limit, btw?

ETA: completely forgot to say, your dress is so dreamy & gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies for all the suggestions!

I probably should have been more specific about what I meant by 'shoe' v 'strappy'. Basically straps of any description, anywhere on the shoe, are out. No strap across the front of the shoe, like a sandal. No straps across the front of my foot, like a Mary Jane. No slingbacks. And definitely no straps around the ankles, my legs are just too short for that look!
2.gif
I know, I'm an awfully fussy minny, sorry guys!

Out of all the suggestions so far, I'm loving the Stuart Weitzmans Cocolaw posted
30.gif
and the Kate Spades that lulu posted - if only they weren't slingbacks!
5.gif

Miscka, Gwen and lulu thank you so much for the compliments on the dress
36.gif

lulu budget is $150, but I am prepared to splurge for something special.

I really appreciate the help, keep the suggestions coming please!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
These aren't in your colours they come in black and red look stunning in real life though I nearly killed myself in them LOL http://www.zushoe.com.au/catalogue/zu_heel_peep_toe_shoe/MINNIE_1.aspx

I have the co-ordination of a drunk mule in heels :razz:

These look cute http://www.zushoe.com.au/catalogue/zu_platform_heel/MEGAN.aspx

cute in fuschia http://www.zushoe.com.au/catalogue/zu_platform_heel/SHOWGIRL_1.aspx

I like these :)

http://www.zushoe.com.au/catalogue/zu_heel_peep_toe_shoe/VALENTINE.aspx#

And they are all priced in AUD so it should be well within budget if you like any :)

ETA OMG I LOVE YOUR DRESS
30.gif
, I am so glad you went with it *squee* can't wait to see you pics :D

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Deelight honey, are we related?!? We are diamond twins, setting twins, and now it seems you can read my shoe-lovin'' mind
9.gif

Those are all gorgeous but my hands-down favourites are the Megan in the navy blue.. ohhhhh...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
And they''re only €80!

But, alas, I think they don''t ship overseas?
39.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
LOL maybe your my long lost sister/cousin distant :razz: could be possible I am European LOL

Those were one of my faves simple and elegant and I love a good bow, I can see if they ship offshore I can drop in tommorow on my lunch break they are up the road
31.gif
, where there is a will there is a way it will be terrible and hard
25.gif
*any excuse really I want to try those on as well*

€80 is a steal for wedding shoes
36.gif

better piccie of them for you http://www.stylehive.com/person/Ylorah/saves/2443456

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 6:47:51 AM
Author: Deelight
LOL maybe your my long lost sister/cousin distant :razz: could be possible I am European LOL

Those were one of my faves simple and elegant and I love a good bow, I can see if they ship offshore I can drop in tommorow on my lunch break they are up the road
31.gif
25.gif

36.gif

better piccie of them for you http://www.stylehive.com/person/Ylorah/saves/2443456
Oooh, can you sneakily take some pics for us?!
31.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 7:01:04 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 9/2/2009 6:47:51 AM

31.gif
25.gif

36.gif

Oooh, can you sneakily take some pics for us?!
31.gif

If they have them on my crappy mobile for sure, my toes are cute but they are not as cute as Gwen''s :razz:, I didn''t see them the other day when I was in there hopefully they have them :)

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Deelight hon the website says they only ship within Australia - they don''t even ship to New Zealand!

But you have to go and try them on for us and report back!!!
31.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG serious
7.gif
maybe the shoe queen freke can find you something similar, however for the common good of the people I can go try them on :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I have to leave the office in the morning, but I bookmarked this post. I will search for you later on. As far as colored shoes go, which colors would you be interested in?

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Thank you princess, I really appreciate it
35.gif
Anything in ivory, navy/aubergine, or fuchsia would work, or I''d wear a peacock blue colour too
1.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
those megan shoes are TDF. that is a GREAT shoe and i can''t wait to hear the report back!!!!!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 7:26:03 AM
OMG serious
7.gif
maybe the shoe queen freke can find you something similar, however for the common good of the people I can go try them on :)

deelight pet I know it's hard but sometimes one of us has just gotta take one for the team, y'know?
2.gif

And for my part, I solemnly promise that any time someone needs Irish scones with real Irish butter sampled, or a report on the Jameson Distillery tour, or the Guinness Storehouse tour, or the Avoca cafe's lemon drizzle cake, or good old fashioned Irish bacon and cabbage - I am right there, reporting for duty!
18.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''ll get on that for you
2.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 10:24:22 AM
Author: Delster

OMG serious
7.gif
deelight pet I know it''s hard but sometimes one of us has just gotta take one for the team, y''know?
2.gif

And for my part, I solemnly promise that any time someone needs Irish scones with real Irish butter sampled, or a report on the Jameson Distillery tour, or the Guinness Storehouse tour, or the Avoca cafe''s lemon drizzle cake, or good old fashioned Irish bacon and cabbage - I am right there, reporting for duty!
18.gif
Meeee toooooo!

18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
A pretty burgundy color Link

These come in an array of colors: Link

These are to die for in navy Link

These are STUNNING in blue and ivory Link

Cute! Fuchsia and blue Link

These are LOVELY!!!! Link

These are SO pretty!!!! Link

Navy and fuchsia Link

Fuschia, navyLink

Fuchsia, they are very pretty with the ruffle Link

Fuchsia, they are incredible!!! Link

Navy Link

Ivory, very pretty Link

Fuchsia and navy Link

Fuchsia and navy Link

Ivory, INCREDIBLE!!!! Link

Fuchsia, they''re strappy, but would look HOT with your dress Link

A ton of ivory shoes
Link

I hope some of these helped!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 2:54:51 PM
Author: Steel
Date: 9/2/2009 10:24:22 AM

Author: Delster

OMG serious
7.gif
deelight pet I know it''s hard but sometimes one of us has just gotta take one for the team, y''know?
2.gif

And for my part, I solemnly promise that any time someone needs Irish scones with real Irish butter sampled, or a report on the Jameson Distillery tour, or the Guinness Storehouse tour, or the Avoca cafe''s lemon drizzle cake, or good old fashioned Irish bacon and cabbage - I am right there, reporting for duty!
18.gif

Meeee toooooo!

18.gif
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

LOL I think you both should go have some scones for me NOW
36.gif

I didn''t get a chance to get there today but I will go tommrow :D - I am on a mission

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 3:08:42 PM
Author: princessplease
These are SO pretty!!!! Link

I hope some of these helped!

Princess you are a shoe hero! I looooooove these Badgley Mischkas
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Oh wow!!!

Thank you so much for doing all that digging for me, I really appreciate it.

Deelight I am on my way out and I might be meeting a friend for tea so I will make sure to gobble down a nice warm scone with real Irish butter, just for you!
18.gif

Steel we''ll just have to dig out the pots of Barry''s and the tubs of Kerrygold and get down to business over the weekend eh? It''s a hard job but I think we''re up to the task!
2.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome!!!!! I''m glad you liked them. It was my pleasure. I LOVE looking for shoes!!!!!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
deelight amazing news here! A daughter of one of my Mom''s friends just volunteered to take delivery of those gorgeous blue shoes you found, and post them on to me if I decide to go with them! Woohoo!

Decisions decisions...
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results