shape
carat
color
clarity

Inspirational Quotes

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read a quote by an anonymous source on Pinterest that really resonated with me, so much that I wanted to share it. Perhaps others could share the best inspirational quotes that they know, too.

You must make a decision that you are going to move on.
It won't happen automatically.
You will have to rise up and say, "I don't care how hard this is,
I don't care how disappointed I am,
I'm not going to let this get the best of me.
I'm moving on with my life."

I think this quote is so brave and inspirational. To me, it's saying don't wait to feel better to move on. Make a decision to move on despite the hurt.

I also like this one:

"I'm a good enough person to forgive you.
But not stupid enough to trust you again!"

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one resonates too:

"It's just so strange.
You used to love me, and now you're a
stranger who happens to know
all of my secrets."

- Clementine von Radics

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This strikes a chord with me as well. I had thought something similar to myself along these lines, just a vague thought, but this quote expresses it better and in full.

"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate.
Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the
rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Illegitimi non carborundum".

If you can't control it, ignore it.

When looking out for number one, don't step in number two.

Never trust anyone who says "trust me".

Be yourself. Everybody else is already taken.--Oscar Wilde

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The past has no power over the present moment.
-Eckhart Tolle

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There have been so many brilliant thinkers and philosophers it's hard to single one out.

I do believe we all should reserve a special place in our hearts for that intellectual powerhouse of our time ... the refrigerator magnet.

Why, just this morning I notice this deep kernel of wisdom I've been meditating over all day ...

"Does my fat @ss make my @ss look fat?"

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah yes, the wonder of the fridge magnets. Mine read: "Prohibition is better than no alcohol at all" and "Teamwork is for people who can't be trusted on their own" :lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1444176578|3935591 said:
There have been so many brilliant thinkers and philosophers it's hard to single one out.

I do believe we all should reserve a special place in our hearts for that intellectual powerhouse of our time ... the refrigerator magnet.

Why, just this morning I notice this deep kernel of wisdom I've been meditating over all day ...

"Does my fat @ss make my @ss look fat?"

:lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
stracci2000|1444175958|3935584 said:
The past has no power over the present moment.
-Eckhart Tolle

Hmmmn, I needed to read this one today! :clap:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Jambalaya, here are a few more to share....

"You will find it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy."

"Never trust a person who has let your down more than two times. Once was a warning, twice was a lesson and anything more is simply taking advantage."

"Joy is a flower that blooms when you do.". ~Author Unknown

"I can only please one person a day. Today's not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either.". :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1444181367|3935624 said:
"A tidy house is evidence of a wasted social life"

I saw a bumper sticker (the second source of today's great literature! :lol: )

A clean house is a sure sign of a sick mind.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread, Jambalaya!

There are so many wonderful quotes pertaining to almost every aspect of life. Sometimes a simple quote can provide us with focus, clarity, determination, understanding or strength. Of course, for the really tough life situations, sometimes you've got to reach for the chocolate. ;-)

Here's a couple you might like.

Life has many different chapters; one bad chapter doesn’t mean it’s the end of the book.

Don’t judge yourself by your past. You don’t live there anymore.

The following were said to me by the wonderful man in my life, a combat soldier.

If no one's shooting at you, its a good day.

Following an incident overseas, I asked if one of those wounded would be OK. His response:

Oh, yeah. He might lose a foot, but he'll be fine.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
George Carlin:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence?

You know an odd Feeling? Sitting on the toilet eating a chocolate bar.

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

Always do whatever's next.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few good ones.

Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable.

We have two choices in life :
the first is to accept things as they are and the second is to
take the decision to change

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Life is a game.
In order to have a game, something has to be more important than something else.
If what already is, is more important than what isn't, the game is over.

So, life is a game in which what isn't, is more important than what is.

Let the good times roll."

- Werner Erhard

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite quote of all time and one I have quoted here many times is this one by Mahatma Gandhi.

The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Another quote I quite like is one I cannot attribute to one specific person as I don't know who said it but I heard it a while ago and it resounds strongly with me.

Life does not have to be perfect to be happy.

I don't know who said it but it is very true.

And another one that I like and agree with is this one by Swami Sivananda.

Put your heart, mind, and soul into even your smallest acts. This is the secret of success.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1444192147|3935667 said:
George Carlin:

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence?

You know an odd Feeling? Sitting on the toilet eating a chocolate bar.

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

Always do whatever's next.

LOL yes this is so true hahaha. :lol:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some of my favorite quotes:

"Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words.
Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior.
Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits.
Keep your habits positive because your behavior becomes your values.
Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny".
Gahndhi

"Never make someone a priority when they only make you an option."

I don't know who gets credit for that because I saw it on Pinterest, but it had a huge impact on my life at the time.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all the quotes! Don't stop!

I know I'll frequently refer to this thread for inspiration.

Luv, isn't it funny how Pinterest seems to be the fount of all wisdom! I saw many of mine on there, too.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The truth is that the more intimately you know someone, the more clearly you’ll see their flaws.
That’s just the way it is.
This is why marriages fail, why children are abandoned, why friendships don’t last.
You might think you love someone until you see the way they act when they’re out of money or under pressure or hungry, for goodness’ sake.
Love is something different. Love is choosing to serve someone and be with someone in spite of their filthy heart.
Love is patient and kind, love is deliberate. Love is hard. Love is pain and sacrifice...

it’s seeing the darkness in another person and defying the impulse to jump ship.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.”
― Eckhart Tolle

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This quote is from a book (The Sound of Glass by Karen White) - "Looking pretty isn't about how people see you. It's about letting people know how you feel about yourself." Of course the sentiment has been expressed before, but for some reason, put this way, it really resonates with me.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1444318674|3936286 said:
"Looking pretty isn't about how people see you. It's about letting people know how you feel about yourself."

How very true.
Unfortunately for our culture, there's a 10-page thread on beauty products that ... begs to differ. :nono:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I don't have a problem with the thread on beauty products, or with its length, or with the use of such products to look your best. Since time immemorial women have apparently liked to have the means to put their best face forward, such as the use of kohl in ancient Egypt. Powerful, intelligent women such as Angela Merkel, Michelle Obama, and Hillary Clinton all wear makeup and therefore probably use a lot of other beauty products in addition to the ones you can see. It doesn't necessarily mean they do it because they want others to think they are pretty. I think these women are highly intelligent with a lot on their plates and are possibly thinking about other things than what people might think of their looks. So I don't think the existence of the long thread necessarily means that users of products want others to think they are pretty. I have read other threads about this topic elsewhere on the internet and some people make the mistake of thinking women do it for others, but many women post that they do it for themselves because it makes them feel good. I use beauty products because "I" want to. It's not as if I'm in the bathroom going "Gosh, I really hate makeup, I really hate moisturizer, I just cannot stand nail polish, but I'll use them so that other people will think I look pretty." Quite the opposite. I love the scent and feel and result of the products, they are stress-busting and give me sensory pleasure, and I don't care what others think of my looks.

The thread is about sharing information about what products work, which benefits women who use any kind of beauty product - and that's most of us. The thread is a useful short-cut to getting good products that do what they claim, so the participants waste less money than they might do otherwise. It's a productive and useful thread IMO.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have 'a problem' with the beauty thread either.
It just demonstrates that sayings about inner beauty mattering more than outer beauty just conflict with reality.

Outer beauty matters tremendously to many, probably most.
Billions and billions of dollars are made off this.
Yet, somehow, the sentiment that inner beauty matters more keeps popping up.
It's an appealing and romantic notion.

BTW this conundrum is a great example of the quote I posted above ...
"Life is a game in which what isn't is more important than what is. Let the good times roll. - Werner Erhard

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's just that you used the head-shake icon so I thought you disapproved of the thread, but now I see that you meant the concept of the saying. I agree that concepts of inner beauty mattering more than outer beauty conflict with reality, absolutely. I've read studies which say the better-looking are paid more - no idea if that's true - and are seen as more trustworthy, reliable, and all manner of other positive things. Again, I've no idea if all these things are true. I'd have thought it more likely that if you're very good-looking, you'd encounter a lot of jealousy, same as people who are very wealthy do.

Now I'm trying to find a saying that sums all this up :think:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1444332770|3936379 said:
Now I'm trying to find a saying that sums all this up :think:

"Life is a game in which what isn't is more important than what is. Let the good times roll."

I think this sums up the quirkiness of life quiet well.

We're always after something that isn't.
Then when it finally is, we're after the next thing that isn't.

This doesn't mean stop doing it. Do it. Let the good times roll.
Just be conscious of the merry go round we ride as being just a ride we call life.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Thought I would share....

“We all have something within us that this world needs.”

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results