shape
carat
color
clarity

"Inspiration"....???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, the only things set in "stone" are the venue (
15.gif
) and the bridal dress...the picture of the frontage and of the room is the place (the pinkish room in the left corner is the ceremony/reception room)

Please be honest and tell me what you think! Pleeeease! I am so lost!

First try.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I love the dress, and chocolate BM dress...and the baseball (although, what does it say?)...and the chocolate cake feels so modern...

What if you did chocolate tones with a touch of pink and a touch of white? And not a dusty, blah pink...but a cool modern pink, like an auroraborlies pink. Having the chocolate cake, with the chocolate ribbon, auroraborlies crystas, pink and brown flowers with a brown satin ribbon ballet tied with a pink ribbon and pink and chocolate linens will pull in the natural setting of the room, and "marry" the entire look.

You could do pink place cards, with tiny auroraborelis crystals in the four corners, with brown calligraphy.

It could be really modern and pretty...

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 3:01:20 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
I love the dress, and chocolate BM dress...and the baseball (although, what does it say?)...and the chocolate cake feels so modern...

What if you did chocolate tones with a touch of pink and a touch of white? And not a dusty, blah pink...but a cool modern pink, like an auroraborlies pink. Having the chocolate cake, with the chocolate ribbon, auroraborlies crystas, pink and brown flowers with a brown satin ribbon ballet tied with a pink ribbon and pink and chocolate linens will pull in the natural setting of the room, and ''marry'' the entire look.

You could do pink place cards, with tiny auroraborelis crystals in the four corners, with brown calligraphy.

It could be really modern and pretty...
Oh, Italia--I am so grateful that you responded! I respect your opinion so much...

The baseball is something I found on the knot--I am not sure about that, really, but I thought it might be cute since my FI and I are (could you tell??) huge Mets fans
2.gif
In the wedding I saw use this for favors, the couple had each signed their own name, though there are any number of things this could be used for--I thought perhaps place "balls"/favors?

I''m sure this is just another example of my cluelessness...but what is auroraborealis pink?? the thing is--as silly as it must sound, considering the tone of the room--I''m really not a pink kind of girl...I''m pretty feminine, but I wear much more neutral colors, or if anything, dark jewel tones...

Thank you thank you for your help!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
oh, and one more question--
I guess that means that the cranberry doesn''t really work for you?

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
The room is more powder pink and honestly I think jewel tones will fight with it.

Auroraboriles has a lot of yellow in it...it''s a crystal tone. It''s very reflective...I am trying to find a good picture of it, and the earrings below don''t even touch how cool can color can be--sometimes they call the Northen Lights auroraborelies...but it''s so hard online! It wouldn''t like you''d say "my colors are auroraborelies and brown"...you''d still be pink and brown, but you could incorporate that crystal into the details and make it pop! In the corners of your menu, or place cards.

If you hate pink, this pallet won''t work...but, when i saw the venue, I thought "pink" ... and your board screams for modern!

auroraborlies.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
here is what I think of when I think "modern pink"

pinkboard.jpg

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I see...

yeah, the more I think about it, the more unhappy I am that this is where I'm having my wedding. I dream of a wedding with browns and burnt orange and bronze (ohhh, how I loooooved Musey's wedding!)...but that doesn't seem possible with this room, and I so did not want my wedding to be at all pink
7.gif

do you have any other ideas? that won't "fight" with the room? or do I just have to resign myself to this color?

thank you so much again--I really trust your opinion...

ETA: do you think there's any chance that I could get away with something because the wedding will be at night in November? like, maybe the walls won't be so obvious?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Alli, can you just post a pic of the venue room?

(I love that cake BTW, I want to jump into the pic and eat it--and that doesn''t happen often with chocolate OR wedding cakes with me.)

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock

Isn''t the cake pretty? I just found it today, and I totally agree--it looks soooo yummy!!

I tried to give you an idea of what the room looks like from different angles...I really hate how it looks from the website...it didn''t seem so darn pink when I saw it in person, but I guess the pink flowers on the tables don''t help much (and plus, I wasn''t really thinking about colors so much when I went to see it)...

theroom123456.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok bear with me...

I'm thinking ivories, creams, apricots, peaches, muted oranges, antique gold/bronze, mocha and chocolate browns. I know it sounds like a lot, but it's mostly in the flowers.

This is what I'd do, I think I'd have my BMs in an antique gold or mocha, like the dresses from Dessy that are in the collage, have chocolate cake (because it's gorgeous!), and have mocha/bronze/chocolate/espresso linens. Then for centerpieces I'd have cream, peach, muted orange, and chocolate/deep burgundy flowers, with tealights everywhere. The one thing I'd stay away from in the flowers would be yellow.

The color stripes from above your gown are all taken from the room (the dusty rose color next to the chocolate brown) and the rest are from the the cake (brown) and the flowers (everything else).

I like the pinky-peachy tones in the earrings that Italia posted, and that was actually MY inspiration for the peach/light oranges.

Oh and all of the flower pictures were ganked from Gypsy's posts. So if you have any questions there, I'm sure she'd be willing to help.

I hope this gives you a little inspiration, you sound so sad and upset in your posts....
7.gif

Alli Collage Medium.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
If you hate pink you most certainly do not have to have a pink wedding...however, since the room is pink, you need to at least find a color that doesn''t outright clash.

Maybe pink was to simple an answer...if you hate pink, love brown....prehaps you could do brown and cream with splashes of light gold? In the pictures of your venue, we''re seeing it in full on light...what time of day will you be getting married, prehaps you could go a softer wash of light--like candle light.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Can I ask what colours are in the carpet? You might be able to pull colours from that.

ETA: I really like Freke's colour palette suggestion.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild: WOW! I cannot believe that you made that for me!!! Thank you soooo much! You are too sweet
16.gif

I loooooove the flowers--I actually had a few of those arrangements saved on my computer because they are just so beautiful! do you really think they would go with the room? And those bronzey shoes with the bow--woah, totally took my breath away! The one issue, though...is that (and I know this makes the job essentially impossible) I don''t think I can change the linens...I really don''t have it in my budget to rent different tablecloths and I''m thinking that they don''t have them available at the venue--though I will call and check tomorrow... thank you SO much again for your ideas...I would love love love those colors!!!!
I''m sure I''m being overly dramatic about the venue, but it''s really not my first choice and I found the color limiting--but if I could use the colors you''re talking about, I could get really excited about my wedding again
9.gif
you are such a help--thank you again!

Italiahaircolor: I really like your idea about the gold--and I think I am going to work with candlelight too...thank you so much for putting so much thought into my scheme
1.gif

CDNinNYC: the carpet is more of a dark green and pink like the walls...but yeah, I think Freke really has something goin on there!
9.gif

Thank you all again, girls! If you have any more thoughts, I''d be very very open to hearing them!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looked at it like a puzzle, and then I had looked at Gypsy''s pics last night and thought to myself, "Well maybe that would work..." I''m so glad it got you excited again! I think that because your wedding is at night, it''s going to be less of a problem because it''ll end up giving the room a warm cozy glow instead of being blatantly pink. So I think candlelight is totally your friend. And I think that if you could get some brown/bronze napkins, that would be good. Do they supply white linens? I think both white and ivory table clothes would look good too.

I think that the flowers could make significant impact on the room as a whole, and any brown you can tie into the tables would be great.

BTW, I thought this was funny, but those shoes are from Paris Hilton. I thought they were absolutely gorgeous though, and they had some influence in adding ivory/creams to the color palette. They have them in other colors too, including brown suede with a brown satin bow.

And just so you know I don''t think you''re being overly dramatic about it at all--I''d have NO idea what to do with a pink room because my colors will definitely be black, silver and blue. Lol.

Keep us updated on the linens and everything else!

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2008 2:47:40 PM
Author:alli_esq
Okay, the only things set in ''stone'' are the venue (
15.gif
) and the bridal dress...the picture of the frontage and of the room is the place (the pinkish room in the left corner is the ceremony/reception room)

Please be honest and tell me what you think! Pleeeease! I am so lost!
It looks good, but needs tweaking...i hope you dont mind me asking but the chocolate dresses, where did you get them or what website are they from (they are beautiful)???...if you don''t mind!
5.gif

TIA

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, Rock Your Socks (love your name, btw)! Both of the dresses are Jim Hjelm occasions...the chocolate brown one is Style: #JH5827 and just for the sake of completeness, the cranberry one is Style: #JH5772...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hey alli, I don''t know if you have no room or just not enough in the budget for linens, but I''ve been racking for them and found these for only $7.59 each!!! They''re at efavormart.com, and if you had the ivory cloths with the overlays...vavavoom! Just throwing it out there.
2.gif

SatinOverlay_3 efavormart.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No surprise, but I love Freke''s suggestions.
30.gif

I was TOTALLY gonna suggest a dark metallic taupe/ antique gold for the BM dresses and there they were. I LOVE the one on the left hand side freke has, the one that looks like shantung.

I also ADORE (you know I do) the apricot and brown flower arrangements she included... And the rug has greens in it so it works like a charm with some of the green accents that are in that bridal bouquet.

If you would do the overlays on the tables, it would be great. If you can''t... how about a brown runner? Satin Chair Sashes are about a buck or two each to rent, and double perfectly as runners. One per table means cheap, and lovely alternative to full on overlays. You may have to pick them up and have someone drop them off, but it would be worth it.

The aurora borealis beads that Italia mentioned would actually be an amazing accent somewhere. What kind of centerpieces are you thinking of? Tall, short, small, large, branchy, all flowers, etc? Not looking for a color, just a shape and style.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results