shape
carat
color
clarity

Insane Disneyland Proposal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pluck15

Shiny_Rock

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Not really my style, but I appreciate the effort that the guy put into it!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would have run screaming in the other direction the second the bullhorn came out, but assuming the girl also likes the theatrical, hats off to him for a well-orchestrated surprise!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 3:29:15 PM
Author: Circe
I would have run screaming in the other direction the second the bullhorn came out, but assuming the girl also likes the theatrical, hats off to him for a well-orchestrated surprise!
I think it''s such a cute proposal! But definitely not me! I would run too!!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I would die.
14.gif

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
Am I the only one who thought they were just actors?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 5:07:10 PM
Author: ms.halo

It seemed way too planned out and well taped/choreographed to me too... But IF it was real, CONGRATS to them! How very sweet!!
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock

My guess is that the guy was a Disney cast member, and that his fiancee was not. He''s clearly a trained singer/dancer who has some sort of pull at the park, and she looks embarrassed/like she has stage fright. Looks to me like he works at the park, and he got the proposal cleared by work as a sort of win-win situation for everyone: he gets to do a dramatic proposal, and Disney benefits from the publicity of the video.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 8:56:04 PM
Author: misskitty

My guess is that the guy was a Disney cast member, and that his fiancee was not. He''s clearly a trained singer/dancer who has some sort of pull at the park, and she looks embarrassed/like she has stage fright. Looks to me like he works at the park, and he got the proposal cleared by work as a sort of win-win situation for everyone: he gets to do a dramatic proposal, and Disney benefits from the publicity of the video.

That was my guess, Disney will help with a proposal but I doubt that they would do something of the grandeur unless it was for a cast member. Totally cool though.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
A lot of the comments on the bottom of the page say it''s a fake, and that Disney admitted that it wasn''t real. Not sure if that''s true or not... Either way, not the way I''d want to be proposed to, lol!

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
For me it was HER bad acting that made me think it was fake. Either way, super cute.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh, the well placed spontaneous musical number masquerading as a proposal. Gotta love Disney!

I see that it's Disney viral marketing, so I'm not surprised at her sort of . . . deflated . . . reaction. Either way, it's cute, but boy does it put pressure on soon-to-be-engaged Disney super fans.
27.gif

My high school boyfriend LOVED Disneyland. We went as often as we could. After I moved away, he met someone else, and it took him 10 years to propose to her - at Disneyland in front of Cinderella's castle. Then they got married in the Rose Garden about 2 years later. Not for me, but it was especially fitting for them. If he'd had the cajones to sing and dance in public, he probably would have tried to pull something like this off.
9.gif

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
You gotta give the guy credit for definitely thinking this through and being creative (if this is indeed real). However, what I didnt like, is when he was on his kneee, she started getting teary and was about to say yes, then WHAM it breaks out into song and she gets interrupted by the lady on the wheelchair. There was so much going on, it didnt allow her or even him to get emotional (he was too busy singing!) and have an intimate moment.

While I do hope my FF at least plans something (could be as simple as roses/candles in the house), I definitelty would pefer something more low key.

PrincessLily2009

Rough_Rock
I am a total musical theatre fanatic-a proposal like this would pretty much be my ultimate fantasy. However, I do think it was staged-how many men can remain THAT calm and collected during such an important event?

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
BLECK
14.gif
I have seen this before, I hate it! I think its terribly tacky! I too would run the other way...and yeah I think they are actors!
3.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 9:24:23 PM
Author: Bjedifish
BLECK
14.gif
I have seen this before, I hate it! I think its terribly tacky! I too would run the other way...and yeah I think they are actors!
3.gif
Didn''t love it. Loved that girl''s hair though!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Yucky. I stopped the video when he started singing.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
I loved it. It made me cry. I''m disappointed that it wasn''t real.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 9:47:51 PM
Author: Bia

Date: 7/29/2009 9:24:23 PM
Author: Bjedifish
BLECK
14.gif
3.gif
Didn''t love it. Loved that girl''s hair though!
And her chiffon-y top! She was cute (but an iffy actress)

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
definitely elaborate and i love the effort put into it! i didn''t realize it was fake though...i thought the girl was genuinely surprised IMO.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my... That was just bad. I don''t know if I would have said yes in that position.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
my BF said he thinks it the real deal... he thought it was really cool, hope he doesn''t do something like that, I''d be sooo red (and that would not make for good pictures!)... anyways, I think he''s cute for thinking it''s real.

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I would die of embarrassment if my bf ever put me through something like that. Man, that is totally NOT my style.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 9:20:51 PM
Author: Blair138

Date: 7/28/2009 8:56:04 PM
Author: misskitty

That was my guess, Disney will help with a proposal but I doubt that they would do something of the grandeur unless it was for a cast member. Totally cool though.
Ditto to all of the above.. he mentioned them meeting at disney, and for other reasons mentioned, i''m sure he works there.
I think that her reaction was very sincere.. there was so much going on in that proposal that she CLEARLY wasn''t expecting... she didn''t know what to do. One minute they''re walking down main street, the next he has a megaphone, then he "proposes" but it turns into a truly disney "song and dance", then he''s on his knees tearing up (which almost made me tear... lame, i know) then he''s up again asking for an answer. then she FINALLY get''s a chance to say "yes" and another song starts... Poor girl. So many emotions in so little time. it bounced back and forth between silly and sentimental.

But if that''s their thing, all the best to ''um.
I give him tons of credit for orchestrating it.

But if bf burst into a song during the proposal, I would know that he had been abducted and replaced with an alien clone.. so i''d run away as fast as my legs could carry me.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I saw that a few weeks ago. While they looked happy and I''m happy for them, I certainly would not want a proposal like that. It almost seems to be more like him doing this for himself by putting on such a performance. A little weird and uncomfortable.

Lucky for me, my guy is shy so he wouldn''t do something like that to me. lol

cherylanne68

Rough_Rock
I''ve been doing some research - FAKE.

Hate to be a party pooper, I do love Disney!

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes... not romantic at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results