shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all experts...ASET, Ideal scope images are in. Please help!

DiamondFix

Rough_Rock
Hi friends,
I just wanted to follow up from my previous post regarding a 3.5 RB we are interested in.
We have to make a decision by this Friday, so I'm hoping to get some expert advice on this one if it's a keeper. Sorry for the extra post and for the huge images...

Stats are as follows

RB
SI 1
Measurements 9.73 -9.76 x 5.96
Cut grade Excellent
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Fluorescence Faint

Eye clean

Can't wait to hear the good and the not so good about this stone.
THANKS SO MUCH =)2
image3.jpeg image2.jpeg image1.jpeg image0-1.jpeg diamond.jpeg

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Are there any comments on the report regarding other clarity features such as clouds or graining?

You want to make sure there are no transparency concerns. Having the stone looked at by an independent and credentialed professional during the return period is always a good idea.

DiamondFix

Rough_Rock
Are there any comments on the report regarding other clarity features such as clouds or graining?

You want to make sure there are no transparency concerns. Having the stone looked at by an independent and credentialed professional during the return period is always a good idea.

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for your reply. The GIA report only says additional twinning wisps, pinpoints and surface graining are not shown. I'm curious why transparency isn't noted on the report. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Based on what you see, how does the cut and clarity look to you? I'm having some trouble interpreting some of the images on my own.

Thanks again in advance

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The images look good. The stone is eye clean, based upon the images provided.
There is faint fluorescence. Please remind me: what is the color grade of this stone?
There does not appear to be any leakage, and the clouds do not appear to impact the stone in any way.
This is a good candidate, as long as the fluorescence does not create a haze.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Bryan,
Thanks for your reply. The GIA report only says additional twinning wisps, pinpoints and surface graining are not shown. I'm curious why transparency isn't noted on the report. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention. Based on what you see, how does the cut and clarity look to you? I'm having some trouble interpreting some of the images on my own.

Thanks again in advance

As a tradesperson I can neither recommend nor criticize another vendor's diamond. However I can provide education that may be helpful to consumers, such as in reading a lab report.

Transparency per se is not reported on any lab report. However, the labs use the order in which clarity aspects are listed under Keys and information listed under Comments to provide clues.

The data on this cert suggests that it would be wise to have it checked for potential transparency deficits. You can do this by comparing it to a similar diamond of VS1 clarity and above. Under close examination, if there is a transparency issue it will become apparent in this side by side comparison.

The effect can be subtle, especially to the untrained eye. This is were an experienced professional is worth their salt.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stones with twinning wisps need to be checked for scatter(looks like a snow globe in bright light) and for being hazy in other lighting.
Many are fine but some are not.

DiamondFix

Rough_Rock
The images look good. The stone is eye clean, based upon the images provided.
There is faint fluorescence. Please remind me: what is the color grade of this stone?
There does not appear to be any leakage, and the clouds do not appear to impact the stone in any way.
This is a good candidate, as long as the fluorescence does not create a haze.

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback and the time you took to provide it. The stone is a K color so I'm hoping the faint fluorescence will help the color a bit if there is no haze.

DiamondFix

Rough_Rock
Stones with twinning wisps need to be checked for scatter(looks like a snow globe in bright light) and for being hazy in other lighting.
Many are fine but some are not.

This is great info. I had no idea what scatter was and will have this checked out. Thanks for helping me with this huge decision.

DiamondFix

Rough_Rock
As a tradesperson I can neither recommend nor criticize another vendor's diamond. However I can provide education that may be helpful to consumers, such as in reading a lab report.

Transparency per se is not reported on any lab report. However, the labs use the order in which clarity aspects are listed under Keys and information listed under Comments to provide clues.

The data on this cert suggests that it would be wise to have it checked for potential transparency deficits. You can do this by comparing it to a similar diamond of VS1 clarity and above. Under close examination, if there is a transparency issue it will become apparent in this side by side comparison.

The effect can be subtle, especially to the untrained eye. This is were an experienced professional is worth their salt.

I understand completely and appreciate your time educating me on these potential issues. That's great information about the clues the cert gives about the diamond. Makes a lot of sense now. I will definitely have this diamond evaluated by a trained eye - maybe someone here will chime in with a recommendation.

Your help has been invaluable!
Thank you

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I understand completely and appreciate your time educating me on these potential issues. That's great information about the clues the cert gives about the diamond. Makes a lot of sense now. I will definitely have this diamond evaluated by a trained eye - maybe someone here will chime in with a recommendation.

Your help has been invaluable!
Thank you

@oldminer and @denverappraiser are expert appraisers well known to the pricescope community if you need their services.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results