carat
color
clarity

input on venu

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Venu link!

I think we may have found our venue! (ceremony & reception)
This is where we went for my b-day this year and FI proposed. They were wonderful and friendly. FI really likes it (so do I).

Looking for opinions/suggestions -- am I not seeing something, what questions should I ask, is the price insane or reasonable (I think it is okay because the other locations we looked at did everything separately -- $25/head food, $23/head beverage, $12/head dessert, cake cutting extra, food service extra, linens/chairs/tables extra)

Still have some details to ask about and people to talk with, but if the venue is able to make a couple of small accomodations -- vegetarian meal & allow us to use kosher wine for part of the reception) then this is IT. I also need to check with some of the guests we''ll invite to see if they are okay with the distance (about 1 1/2 to 2 hour drive but I''m going to see what kind of rates we can get so guests can stay over if they want -- and some we''d pay for rooms (bridal party, my mom, grandparents, Rabbi))

What I know about the venue:
price is for 5 hours (set-up/break-down time not included in this block)
3 hours to set up before
Included in package is full tableware, white buffet and table linens, skirting and napkins.
5 hours of consultation with wedding event staff included
dance floor included
chef attendant included
cake cutting included
bartender included (if wanted)
rehearsal at mutually convenient time
photographs outside at any time
photographs inside up to 3 hours before event (no backdrops, photographic umberellas, or loose cords)
dj or live music okay until up to midnight
their staff helps set up anything that is just ready to use
small items can be brought in early
large things (flowers etc) morning of
hors d’oeuvres, an elegant plated meal, or a lavish buffet -- done by their AMAZING chef

$250/hour for extra hours
$150 for personal steward for the wedding day to assist where needed
valet parking for guests if desired (extra fee)
can reserve a block of rooms (they only have about 30) for guests at a discounted rate
buy out can be negotiated -- case by case basis
must use their wine (but it is
30.gif
30.gif
and nice range of prices)
candles okay
no nails in the trellis (fine with me)

30 - 40 guests: $1300 rental + $72/head food/beverage min.
80 - 150 guests: $2500 rental + 72/head food/beverage min.

$2500 to hold date, remainder of expected balance due 30 days prior to date.

What I know I need to ask:

What is the pricing if we have 41-79 guests? (which would be pretty likely)
Can the chef do a vegetarian meal? (I''m sure he can, but want to be sure)
Can we bring in kosher wine for a specific part of the ceremony? (understanding that it wouldn''t reduce the min. per head)
What non-alcohol options are available for guest who don''t drink? (or will be driving home
40.gif
)
What kind of discount can we get on rooms for guests?
Can we pay a flat amount and have it equally credited to guests who stay? (example: discounted rate $100/rm, we pay $25/rm & guest pay $75/rm)

Am I missing anything?

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Your venue looks lovely! I would ask if tax/service charges included in the 72/head...those charges can drastically affect a budget.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2010 3:35:58 PM
Author: stephb0lt
Your venue looks lovely! I would ask if tax/service charges included in the 72/head...those charges can drastically affect a budget.
Agreed. Tack on an additional 18%-20% per head for gratuity and then whatever you state tax is. I don''t think that they are supposed to tax gratuity, but some places do. You can figure it out both ways to get a range of expected price.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great tip.

It looks like the service charge (20%) plus Washington state sales tax is added on to the final balance.

I''ll add it to my list of things to verify with them and also make sure that the "service charge" is the gratuity for their staff or if I''d need to budget additional for that.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
To answer your question about what happens if you have 41-79 guests, it looks like the venue has three rooms. One is for smaller weddings of 30-40 people and then two others for larger weddings, for which they charge for a minimum of 80 people. If you go over the capacity of the smaller room you would need to book the larger room and they will likely charge you for 80 people even if you are under. Now, this is something that you might be able to negotiate with the coordinator.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2010 3:44:02 PM
Author: TooPatient

Great tip.

It looks like the service charge (20%) plus Washington state sales tax is added on to the final balance.

I''ll add it to my list of things to verify with them and also make sure that the ''service charge'' is the gratuity for their staff or if I''d need to budget additional for that.
Very good idea to ask to make sure that the service charge and gratuity are synonymous. I ended up canceling my rehearsal dinner last minute (no big deal, it was casual anyway) last year because after the restaurant had told us that there wouldn''t be any service charge, they turned around and quoted us $150 a person. I asked if that was considered the gratuity (thinking, at that point, it was totally fair) and the owner then informed that it wasn''t! So we ended up canceling the dinner a week beforehand and coming up with something else. Most places woudl probably consider a 20% service charge and a gratuity one in the same, but its definitely a good idea to double check that sort of thing.

The venue looks great, by the way!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results