shape
carat
color
clarity

Ink stain on handbag--please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I must have generated some bad luck from lusting after a new bag just a couple months after acquiring my Marc by Marc Jacobs Faridah and zip clutch, maybe they figured out I was about to cheat on them! LOL...anyway, they''re both beige (chalk is the exact color name) and today I noticed I got a little blue ink stain on one of the front pockets
29.gif
. I checked the purse forum really quickly but I''m not familiar enough with that site to be able to sift through all the info very well. Does anyone know how to remove ink from leather? The ink came from a blue ballpoint pen my dog chewed up, I must have had a spot on my hand after picking up the pieces and touched my bag shortly after.
38.gif

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Try using a white eraser, like a pencil eraser only white. Those usually work well. Hope that helps.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call Neiman Marcus, they should be able to tell you how to remove the ink stain. Good luck!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Mokey, I will go rummage through my desk drawers and see if I can even find a white eraser...

I just read that Magic Erasers might work, of course I''m out of those right now
20.gif

I did try a little rubbing alcohol and it helped a little but the stain is still sort of there and some of the sheen came off the leather (which I understand can be remedied by using a leather polish product?)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/14/2007 10:27:18 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Call Neiman Marcus, they should be able to tell you how to remove the ink stain. Good luck!!!
They''re closed already here tonight but I will call them tomorrow if I can''t get it out tonight, thanks!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Oh man, I''ve totally had this problem and STILL don''t know what to do about it!
15.gif

Several people have told me hairspray. I guess spray it on a towel and then wipe. Don''t spray directly. I was too afraid to try it, but if you''ve already tried rubbing alcohol, you''re probably more daring than me!

I''ve also tried "saddle soap" but that''s WAY too gentle.

I hope you find the answer and post it!
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a feeling the Magic Eraser is going to be the answer here, grrr I''m ticked that I don''t have any on hand. I''m going to visit my parents for a belated mom''s day celebration tomorrow, hopefully my mother will have one or I can just grab one while I''m down there and try it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope the Magic eraser works, let us know tomorrow.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results