shape
carat
color
clarity

Infinity Diamonds recut results....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ingemit

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to share the results of a recut just completed by Infinity Diamonds brokered through Wink. The stone is from a ring belonging to my grandmother, an Old European of 0.92 carats and not at all attractive. I think these results look great--I can''t wait to see it. Any comments would be appreciated, especially from Paul at Infinity, who I thank for his great work.

http://www.visagem.com/External.php?SIT=1&REM=a3db68a3613b58e07303225fce97da13

It will go into a Vatche cathedral setting--WV2000 on Wink''s web site.

Best to all.

ingemit

Rough_Rock
By the way, this recut was done to the higher specifications that Infinity offers--something of the Ideal/Hearts/Arrows sort.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any ''before and after'' photos? That would be really fun to see!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, real life shots would be great, but it does look nice!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, but at the same time, my heart weeps for the OEC since I''m an old stone kind of gal.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
They certainly did a nice job recutting it!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 1:59:04 PM
Author: Chrono
Lovely, but at the same time, my heart weeps for the OEC since I''m an old stone kind of gal.
Me too, Chrono!
39.gif

A before picture would be great, and before/after weight/dimensions would be interesting, too...

widget

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2007 2:13:41 PM
Author: widget

Date: 2/28/2007 1:59:04 PM
Author: Chrono
Me too, Chrono!
39.gif

A before picture would be great, and before/after weight/dimensions would be interesting, too...

widget
I second the suggestion. I''ve always been curious about recuts:
1. The difference in looks
2. Carat weight loss
3. Diameter size loss

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am sorry..., but I would rather have a 0.92 ct. OEC than any 0.62 ct. modern....cut!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I sure hope you don't take our moaning too seriously, ingemit! You're just hearing from a few old fogey traditionalists.

Your 'new' diamond is no doubt spectacular, and sparkles like never before...Congratulations!

widget

ingemit

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your thoughts. I wrestled with the choice of getting it recut, but the cut was really terrible. I will post some before and after shots once the piece is done.

The diamond Infinity did was one of two in the setting. Its pair is a .87 SI with H color. One of the two stones was slightly chipped on the girdle. The symmetry of both was noticeably off (probably a poor rating).

I can post a side by side comparison of the recut in its setting next to its twin in the original setting. It''s quite exciting!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would love to see the before and afters too! The recut looks gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results