shape
carat
color
clarity

Inexpensive bridesmaid dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Can anyone recommend a place to get nice but inexpensive (under $120) bridesmaid dresses? Most of my bridesmaids are students, so I don''t want to burden them.

Thanks!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I got the bridesmaid dresses for mine at David''s Bridal (I know lots of people don''t prefer them though), but I am pretty sure they have some bridesmaid dresses at or less than $120. Another thought... you could, depending on how many bridesmaids there are and who''s financing the wedding, split the cost of the dress. You/parents, or whoever is paying for the wedding pays for only half the dress and then your bridesmaid pays for half. That way you could maybe afford a more expensive dress if you couldn''t find something in your price range that you liked. There is another store I am thinking of that has all types of dresses in varying price ranges. I am sorry I can''t currently remember the name, but as soon as I think of it I''ll post it.

griffitk

Rough_Rock
Try other stores when you''re looking for dresses. Ann Taylor loft has beautiful chocolate silk halter dresses right now for $99. You can''t buy any "official" bridesmaid dress and get a silk for that price!

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if this is available in all areas, but there are several places where I am (orange county, CA) that rent bridesmaid dresses. I stopped in one that was next to my hair salon the other day just to see what they had, and they had some for a $40 rental that was actually pretty nice!! I''m going to be paying for the bm dresses most likely, so I''m looking at cheap alternatives. And both weddings where I was a bridesmaid, I wore rented gowns that were paid for by the bride. I''m sure that they could handle a low-cost rental fee if you could find one!!

Also, you may just look at a department store for dresses - if there''s a sale plus a coupon, you could get them pretty cheap. Of course, the more girls you have, the harder it is to find enough of them, but it''s worth a shot!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Chadwicks might be worth the look. They''re an online store.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Try ChrissyOBridal.com, we got our BM dresses from there for $85, they are After Six 6215, came in 6 weeks!
1.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I would recommend getting some quotes from netbride, i asked for roughly 5 quotes on various really great looking bari jay dresses and they came in at $125 - $104.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Yep! www.netbride.com ALL THE WAY..

My BM dresses were $93 ($138 in the store) each.. and I only paid $20 for shipping for all 4 of them.. I believe they have slightly upped their shipping charges since I ordered though.
My BM dresses and FG dresses (Which were $84 each from netbride.. about $130 in the store).. both came in more than a month before they were "Scheduled" which I was very happy about as well..

David''s bridal is OK.. but seriously on AVERAGE their dresses aren''t really cheaper than some of the other bridal salons where you could get better service. They have some that start at $99 but only a couple.. they go all the way up to $200.. which I think is crazy for the not so great quality and crappy customer service.. especially when I can order from netbride.. get better service and pay less for a better gown..

The only downsides to netbride are a)The shipping costs (but.. you don''t pay tax in most states!!) and b) you HAVE to order more than one gown from the same designer to get the discount. It could possibly also be the same style.. so if you are thinking about letting them pick different styles you may run into problems.. oh and C) you have to find a shop to try the dresses on in if you want to see them in person.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Here are my happy bridesmaids in ther $93 dresses. :)

074s.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ann taylor loft-- or if there is an outlet by you... or if the store is having a sale. Also netbride. And our friend was in the same boat and just asked the BM''s to wear black dresses. Specified a length and a sleeve style (She said floor length strapless black) it worked for her and them. One of them found a beautiful gown at Marshalls for 30 bucks.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
If you don''t mind the asian look, we got those slinky chinese dresses (called cheongsam dresses) at the local Chinatown for about $15 each. Couldn''t get much cheaper than that. :)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''m unsure of your timeline - but you could have them made by a seamstress. I did a very simple long dress in moire taffeta (yes, I know - but it WAS the 80''s). Some other friends did a simple long skirt w/ a dressy blouse. I was able to wear all of those again.

BTW, it''s nice that you are thinking of them! Good luck!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2006 2:04:41 PM
Author: codex57
If you don''t mind the asian look, we got those slinky chinese dresses (called cheongsam dresses) at the local Chinatown for about $15 each. Couldn''t get much cheaper than that. :)
Those are really cool.

I have a jacket from one of those stores that I pair with a dressy black skirt for formal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results