shape
carat
color
clarity

In you my best friend till the end...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrchips

Rough_Rock
Its a little long.

In you my best friend till the end...

I always told myself I''d marry something, not who I can live with, but someone I can''t live without. This is my story of my Cinderella story. It had been in the works for months. Months of saving since the summertime, to endless hours organizing and coming up with an idea that fit both my liking and something that I''d thought would be truly special to the both of us and very memorable.

I began with an idea of writing her a letter to tell her exactly how I felt about her and was just going to give it to her as a gift sometime ago last year, but decided to hold off on it. Eventually the letter became to be Dear Cinderella (We''re Going Home), the song I would sing to her. I''d been playing guitar for sometime now, something she did not know of and something I knew would come into play at some point in our lives that would live a last memory.

As she''s always said, it was just another ordinary Friday. We had plans to go shopping the following day and that night was just suppose to be a dinner and a movie, nothing to big, little did she know that in 3 hours time, her life would go from ordinary to extraordinary: engaged and in a van on the way to Green Bay, something which she had no idea was in the making for months and something she would not find out until 2 hours prior to leaving. Another surprise that would be revealed at our celebratory toast at Pepperwood Bistro in Burlington - the site of our first date. With all this planning, I had to keep in mind that I was to speak to her dad ahead of time and casually state my intention. How was I to do this with Susan always following to her parents house or asking me questions if I''m there.

The perfect pitch. Her dad loves car, as do I. Let''s go car shopping. Pass the torch from one Mini freak to another, and after its all said and done, I got the classic ''yeah, okay'' and a handshake. Was hoping for a hug, but take what you get. Its okay though, one of the greatest handshakes to date.

Grace called me and told me the ring was ready. The ring it self was 3 months in the making with the band taking upwards of 3.5 weeks to custom design. By the time I picked the setting, the band design, how I wanted it set, time was flying and it was nearing my deadline. When I picked the ring up, I could not have been happier. It was the perfect ring I had envisioned when I began looking; five jewellers later, once Grace opened the box for me, I knew it was the perfect ring. The one I''d catch her eye with and recieve her hand.

The day before, was one of the craziest days ever. As I was without a vechile, I had to rely on some close friends to help me out in getting stuff done. I asked a friend, Eddie, to drive me to Toronto to pick up a ring box, something he had no idea what was going on. I just told him I needed to go to this store to pick up some perfume, which was my initial intention at the COACH store seeing how she loves COACH purses I thought it was the perfect fit. However, when I got there, the sales attendant told me the perfume was only sold in the States. Now I had a problem. One, I didn''t have my COACH box as I was going to use the perfume box and two, I didn''t have a ring box period and was left wondering what to do. It was then that I noticed little COACH boxes around the store and asked the lady if I could just have one of those and she insisted I needed to buy something. As it went, I told the lady, "I don''t care the price or what it is, I just need that box." And so a Keychain FOB I bought: a $33 ring box, that was well worth it.

Back at Grace''s house I showed her my ring box and we altered the ring box she was going to give me to fit into the COACH box so it fit perfect and once I opened the COACH box the ring was in open display, which worked out magically.

Friday was fast approaching. I still had to pick up my custom designed sheet music that I made with the help of another good friend, Shaun, who''s a digital art master. We worked on this thing for a couple days and initially I didn''t tell him that I needed this for the proposal but after much thought, I decided I had to in order for it to be able to turn out the way I wanted to, he had to know certain details. Once I told him, our initial idea turned out even better and I couldn''t have asked for anything better. I had to travel all the way to Toronto early in the morning which was well worth the trip. The sheet music turned out perfect, with the music notes and lyrics lining up exactly as I''d written using a computer program specially designed for writing music.

I still had to drop off my guitar at her house, hide the ring. It was getting close. Time was becoming an issue. I still had to get home, shower, shave and get ready. Pack my bags for Green Bay.

I had the same friend who drove me to Toronto, came back on Friday to my place and drive me to pick up the rental van for our trip to Green Bay. Once that was picked up, I picked up the ring, dropped my guitar and my sheet music off at her house, hid the ring under her couch in the COACH box, locked the door and went home to prepare myself. I''d been practicing extensively during the week and leading up to Friday. Upwards of 2-3 hours on somedays to make sure it was going to be as perfect as I could imagine it be. This was her night and something I wanted more than life itself. I know I was driving my guitar teacher crazy at times, but he enjoyed the process of writing a full song with me and seeing how my vision of a song came full circle and how I changed lyrics to better fit the letter I was giving her in a song version. It was essentially a story unfolding. Moving from verse to verse it was how we first met to our anniversary dates to my open heart feelings about her to my proposal. This was my letter, my song to my Cinderella.

It was an ordinary Friday. We had plans to go shopping the next day and just to relax that night. Little did she know what was about to take place. She picked me up around 5 and we went back to her house. I got a drink of water to settle some nerves and moisten my throat for the 10 minute seranade. I sat her down on the couch and told her I had one last secret to tell her. I began to explain how I had always wanted to write her a letter to tell her how I felt. It was better for me that way, I wrote poetry and lyrics for years and it was always easier for me to explain feelings and emotion through lyrics and words. This is where her shock began. She was finding out that I wrote lyrics and poems, something she never knew. Then I told her I had a friend, a friend named Norma, and just then I grabbed my guitar box that was hidden behind her couch and pulled it out and introduced her to Norma, all the while she was saying "don''t tell me you can play that, please tell me you can''t play" and "you''re not going to play that are you" all the while I was telling her to relax and just enjoy this.

I began to warm up, as my hands were unusually cold and told her this was my letter from "me to you." And so I began and it started "Oh my dear Cinderella, we''re going home." It was unexpected to me that the first 30 seconds were shaky but that was part of the whole experience for myself. After all, I''d never done this before.

The song started good and ended beautifully. The whole presentation come through as I had hoped. The lyrics, the flow of the song, the emotion perfect. Once I finished, almost immediately I started crying as emotion took over. It was lovely.It stayed away for the serenade but quickly came when it was time for me to say what I had to. And so it went:

I always said I''d marry someone, not who I can live with, but someone I can''t live without. And that someone is you. Its hard to believe I can be with someone who has had such a big impact on my life and changed me so much. Susan, on this day, I ask you if you will let this be the first step to the rest of our life, to you becoming my wife, and taking this journey with me, together forever. Susan, I love you so much, will you be wife.

Yes.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
AWWWWWWWW!!!!

That is one of the most heart warming stories I have EVER heard!!
30.gif

Excellent job coming up with the PERFECT proposal for your special lady!!
36.gif

Raspberry

Rough_Rock
OMG.

I think I am going to cry. That is the romantic proposal I have ever heard of. Your love for her absolutely jumps off the page.

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming marriage.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2008 5:37:08 AM
Author: Raspberry
OMG.

I think I am going to cry. That is the romantic proposal I have ever heard of. Your love for her absolutely jumps off the page.

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming marriage.
Ditto!! Congratulations!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. I have goodebumps. First off, a big congratulations to you and Susan!! You''re quite the story teller, leading up to the big finale in such a sweet way. Best wishes!

mrchips

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much to all!!!

Very much appreciated!!!
9.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results