shape
carat
color
clarity

WEBINAR In The Loupe with John Pollard -Diamond Traceability: Facts Fiction and the Future

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
ps-webinar-asset-7.png

Recent international developments have brought the topic of where a diamond comes from front and center. More than ever, consumers want to know: from where, when, and how. What's new in diamond traceability? What's important now? Where are these shifts taking us?

Join us Wednesday, June 22nd at 1 pm CT as John and Dave review long-standing obstacles, industry-shaping events, and modern solutions being enacted by industry entities.

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sounds fun! see you there!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I'm in!

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Looking forward to the session - starting in about 15 minutes.

Two parts:

I. Diamond Sourcing and Traceability
II. Diamond Security and Traceability

Cheers,

John

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks!
It was illuminating!
What was the link for the gold mining information?

John Pollard

Shiny_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks!
It was illuminating!
What was the link for the gold mining information?

Hi Karl. Thank you for asking.

Mercury Free Mining

I was on a panel with MFM's founder at JCK. Rob Bates provided a good summary of the purpose and mission.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Waiting for the video, 4AM is a bit early even for me!

But re mercury, cyanide is as bad or worse. Drums of cyanide have the leftovers dumped in them after riffle boards and mercury screening. Cyanide is one of the only chemicals that bonds with gold and is used illicitly. You may remember the spill in Romania or somewhere a decade or so ago. Killed all fish life in the Danube.
A press release a year ago from Aussie Curtin Uni said they had a promising cleaner alternative.
I just wrote to the head researcher to follow up. The good people at https://www.resolve.ngo/craft.htm could implement something like that.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was SUPER - heaps of thanks! :appl:

bcmacdonald

Staff member
If you missed our latest webinar with John and Dave on Diamond Traceability (or just like them so much you want to see it again), you can watch it now on-demand on our YouTube channel. Like the video, if you found it interesting or educational, and we look forward to any comments!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results